1753319 Members
6563 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Multpath in DS8100

MichelCLopes

Multpath in DS8100

I have the installation with ds8100 (IBM Storage), silkworm 3850, 2 hpux 11.11 in cluster mode managed by MCServiceGuard 11.16. I need access this storage by multpath, but the pvlink do contingency and I need load balancing. Can I use SDD?
4 REPLIES 4
Alain Tesserot
Frequent Advisor

Of course you can. Here is the link to download the software. Make sure you get the right one and if possible try to use the 64bit driver else the 32bit will do just fine.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=540&context=ST52G7&dc=D430&uid=ssg1S4000053&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8〈=en

You'll need to run ioscan and insf to get the additional paths then add them manually to your VGs
MichelCLopes

Thanks. I will make the tests. I made the question because in IBM Attachment Guide I didn´t see the MCServiceGuard 11.16 in compatibility matrix.

Thanks again.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

You wont see that because no IBM devices are supported by HP with Serviecguard.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Alain Tesserot
Frequent Advisor

It may not be supported but it works very nicely and when you call IBM support they have CEs who specialize in hpux who will give you support without asking questions.

Talk to your managers before you do this. They may not approve. I know that the company I currently work for would never allow it.