4860 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help on some final config issues for pkg.control script

Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

Need help on some final config issues for pkg.control script

Dear Concern

We have created a cluster for our new RAC test system, but we have some final config issues.

In the cluster cmclconf.acsii file we have set "OPS_VOLUME_GROUP /dev/vgractst".

Also we have "VOLUME_GROUP /dev/vg_billing_cdr"

Now we want to activate volume group "/dev/vg_billing_cdr" into exclusive mode and
"/dev/vgractst" volume group into Sharable mode when cluster will start using cmruncl.

Now what is the configuration in pkg.control script file to meet above requirements:

I think below may be the right configuration:

VGCHANGE0="vgchange -a e"
VGCHANGE1="vgchange -a s"

vg[0]=vg_billing_cdr
vg[1]=vgractst

Also before run cmruncl, we need to first mark
the VG's in to cluster using the below commands:

#vgchange -c y vg_billing_cdr
#vgchange -S y -c y vgractst

Pls confirm me

Thanks
Minhaz
6 REPLIES 6
smatador
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I never heard about this syntax VGCHANGE[number], in fact the run script made a for i in ${VG[@]} so impossible to you to made a VGCHANGE0...
You must change the structure of the run script to permit this. Better way is to just put something like
vgchange -a e vg_billing_cdr
vgchange -a s vgractst
in you run script, or change the function activate_volume_group
Hope it helps
Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

Thanks smatador to correct me, but if we want to activate "vg_billing_cdr" volume group in exclusive mode and "vgractst" volume group into shared mode then what will be the correct entry in the pkg.control script???

Can anyone help me??

Thanks
Minhaz
smatador
Honored Contributor

Hi,
You could for example comment the line on the function activate_volume_group and replace by just two line
vgchange -a e vg_billing_cdr
vgchange -a s vgractst
Hope it helps
johnsonpk
Honored Contributor

Hi Minhaz,

I hope you have a more than 1 nodes in your cluster.If so you need to have two packages
one for oracle RAC (it should be multinode or system multinode ) and the vgchange option in the pkg cntl script would be "vgchange -a s" and the second package for activating the volume group in exclusive mode (the vgchange option in the pkg cntl script would be "vgchange -a e") and it should be fail-over package since you can not active the vg in exclusive mode on more than one node at a time.

The bottom line is you can not have the two different access method of VG in single package unless it is a single node cluster or single node package.

Also if you have mentioned the vgs in the cluster asci file ,no need to mark it as cluster as this will be done during the cmapplyconf with appropriate options.

Hope this helps

Thanks!!
Johnson
Sajjad Sahir
Honored Contributor

Dear Minhaz

the attachment will help u

thanks and regards

Sajjad Sahir
Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor