8449 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replacing disk

SOLVED
Go to solution

Replacing disk

Hello,

i want reinstall a J5600, but on the root disk is not enough space. My question is,
can i use any SCSI disc which has for example 72 Gbyte, or do i need discs
which comes from HP, because there is any information on the disk, which is
neccessary for the installing process.

Berthold
4 REPLIES 4
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Re: Replacing disk

Hi,

you can use any SCSI disk, but it must be compatible with the systetm which you are using.

never give up
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Berthold,

You can use the disk of other manufacturer. But make sure that its compatible.73GB Ultra2 Wide SCSI LVD hard drive - 10,000 RPM is supported on J5xxx series. You can find a drive which is having the specification. For more details See following web page.

http://www.partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=partlist&model=J5XXX&HP_model=&modname=J5xxx+Series+Workstations&template=main&plist_sval=Drives+and+Trays&plist_styp=catagory&dealer_id=&callingsite=&strsrch=&keysel=%3F&catsel=Drives+and+Trays&pictype=I&picture=%3F&uniqpic

The following part is available with HP Germany. But you will need to give the defective in return

A7207-69001 73GB Ultra2 Wide SCSI LVD hard drive - 10,000 RPM, 3.5-inch form factor, 1.0-inch high, 80-pin SCA connector - (Part of A7207A)
REQUIRES RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PART

Regards,
Syam
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Berthold,

Last post is not getting displayed fully. I am reposting the same.

You can use the disk of other manufacturer. But make sure that its compatible.73GB Ultra2 Wide SCSI LVD hard drive - 10,000 RPM is supported on J5xxx series. You can find a drive which is having the specification. For more details See following web page.

http://www.partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=partlist&model=J5XXX&HP_model=&modname=J5xxx+Series+Workstations&template=main&plist_sval=Drives+and+Trays&plist_styp=catagory&dealer_id=&callingsite=&strsrch=&keysel=%3F&catsel=Drives+and+Trays&pictype=I&picture=%3F&uniqpic

regards,
Syam