New Discussion юеВ

Secure Path

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Secure Path

Hi,

One of my customer has problems with Secure path. He has a RP8400 systems with 2 hard partitions and has confgured a cluster. Each node has 2 FC HBAs system and both are configured under Securepath thus it is visible to the cluster node as a single controller. He runs informix database on this machine. The storage box connected to this machine is an EVA array. For simulaing a Failover scenario if he pulls out both the FC cables that is connected to cluster node1, the informics application just hangs also the LVM doesn't seem to be recognizing the failure. The expected behaviour for the customer is to failover the package to the other node when the first node's FC cables are disconnected. How do we go about this problem?

Pl. help

Thanks,
Karthik S S

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to HP-UX > LVM and VxVM. - Hp forum Moderator

For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
4 REPLIES 4
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Re: Secure Path

Can any one explain me what happens if the FC cables are removed from the HBA end?. How securepath responds to this in a clustered environment?

Thanks,
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Also I am looking for some documents on Securepath+HP-UX+VA7xxx envirionment.

Thanks,
Karthik S S
Alzhy
Honored Contributor
Solution

Karthik,
One reason that I can think of why LVM / Informix just hangs when you do cable pull tests is SecurePath is probably not set to do load balancing and auto failover... "spmgr display" should show this.

To set load balacning and failover, "spmgr set -b on" and "spmgr set -a on".

Also, be sure your servers are running SecurePath V. 3.0C.

Hakuna Matata.
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Thank you Nelson ...

Watch this thread ....

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=424908

-Karthik S S