LVM and VxVM

Re: System Management Homepage (SMH) - LVM Provider & FC Provider - HP-UX 11.11

JDM_Nokia
Valued Contributor

System Management Homepage (SMH) - LVM Provider & FC Provider - HP-UX 11.11

Greetings!

If anyone out there has the LVM Provider working on their SMH on HP-UX 11.11, can you post a screen shot of what it looks like on SMH?  I got the module loaded, but I can't see anything at all on SMH.  Based on what I read, I think that I should see something on the "System" menu, but would like some confirmation that this is the case.

With regards to FC Provider, I have the module loaded and I can see the "FC HBA" entry under the "Storage" menu, but I do not see my HBA.  This menu has a "?", thus I do not think it is configured correctly.  My HBA is an AB465A which is supported per the release notes.

Below are all the specifics regarding the SW that I have installed.

Thanks!

daebu99:/opt/lvmprovider/mof# cimprovider -ls
MODULE                                  STATUS
OperatingSystemModule                   OK
ComputerSystemModule                    OK
ProcessModule                           OK
IPProviderModule                        OK
SDProviderModule                        OK
IPModule                                OK
SFMProviderModule                       OK
DNSProviderModule                       OK
NTPProviderModule                       OK
NISProviderModule                       OK
HPUXSCSIProviderModule                  OK
HPUXIOTreeIndicationProviderModule      OK
HPUXFCCSProviderModule                  OK
HPUXFCIndicationProviderModule          OK
HPUXFCProviderModule                    OK
HPUXLVMProviderModule                   OK

FCProvider                            B.11.11.08     CIM/WBEM Provider for Fibre Channel HBAs
  IOTreeIndication                      B.11.11.0712   CIM/WBEM Indication Provider for IOTree subsystem
  LVMProvider                           B.11.11.03     CIM/WBEM Provider for LVM
  SCSIProvider                          B.11.11.04     CIM/WBEM Provider for SCSI HBA
  WBEMSvcs                              A.02.07.06     HP WBEM Services for HP-UX
  SysFaultMgmt                          A.04.04.03.02  HPUX 11.11 System Fault Management

OnlineDiag                            B.11.11.21.07  HPUX 11.11 Support Tools Bundle, March 2011

hpuxwsApache                          A.2.0.49.00    HP-UX Apache-based Web Server
  hpuxwsTomcat                          A.4.1.29.00    HP-UX Tomcat-based Servlet Engine
  OpenSSL                               A.00.09.08w.001 Secure Network Communications Protocol

1 REPLY 1
JDM_Nokia
Valued Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage (SMH) - LVM Provider & FC Provider - HP-UX 11.11

Well I've made some progress on the FC Provider portion of this post.

I updated the driver for the AB465A card and now SMH and the card are communicating.  That is the good news.  The bad news is that I can only see info on one of the two FC ports on this card (the card consists of two FC card connections plus two 1GB network connections)...

For those interested, I was running version B.11.11.03 of the driver.  The update put me at version B.11.11.16.