1751972 Members
4501 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Total Device File ?

Javier Ortiz Guajardo
Frequent Advisor

Total Device File ?

i have a disk array and i want to add mode LUNS (disk) , my last device file is /dev/dsk/c42t15d7, i mean, all the device files are assigned, can i add more disks(LUNS) what happen with the device files?

thanks?
The obstacles are those things that the people see when they left to see their goals.
4 REPLIES 4
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I guess it depends on the disk array. We used to use some big EMC arrays, and when we reached that limit on a single controller EMC would asssign the next lun with the controller number incremented: c43t0d0.

JP
Javier Ortiz Guajardo
Frequent Advisor

John, if i understand, you mean i must installa new disk controller card to my disk array?

The obstacles are those things that the people see when they left to see their goals.
Sundar_7
Honored Contributor

You can map the LUN to a different target/LUN/vbus combination and assign them to a differen controller.

I do believe there is a limitation on the number of disks seen by a controller in HP-Ux.

Refer the attached whitepaper - a very useful doc in understanding the LUN management in HP-Ux
Learn What to do ,How to do and more importantly When to do ?
Javier Ortiz Guajardo
Frequent Advisor

i have a v2250 with HPUX 11.0 and i want to know how many LUNS per disk controller card can the system assign.?

Thanks