1752780 Members
6176 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Weired warning

Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

Weired warning

I have did a import on adoptive node which has EMC array connected, and turned up with following warnings.
I understand that someone has added these volumes to these disks, but not propagated on other side. What best option someone thinks to wipe this out as VG is not active on adoptive node, and i want both sides to be in synx.

Thanks a lot-------Prashant

Warning: Logical Volume number "183" found on physical volume not found in "/tmp/vgECPRD3.map".
Warning: Logical Volume number "184" found on physical volume not found in "/tmp/vgECPRD3.map".
Warning: Logical Volume number "185" found on physical volume not found in "/tmp/vgECPRD3.map".
Warning: Logical Volume number "186" found on physical volume not found in "/tmp/vgECPRD3.map".
Warning: A backup of this volume group may not exist on this machine.
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: Weired warning

Hi,

You can create the device files manually on the adoptive node using mknod.

Make sure you create the character as well as the block device and they have the same major/minor number and the same names as they are on the primary node.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

Is there any way to remove the lv-defination from physical disk.

Thnx
Prashant
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

lvremove is the only way. But for that to work, the vg should be active on the node.

If you delete the device files and leave it like that, doing a pvdisplay -v /dev/dsk/cxtydz would show you extents with "???" in place of the lv name.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Gerhard Roets
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Prashant

Well I would get a fresh map file from the primary side and just redo the procedure. Then it will know of the new lvols and their respective names.

Regards
Gerhard