5734 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cluster file system

alishokry
Occasional Advisor

cluster file system

Hello ,

1-I have a two cluster, cluster1( on two nodes, Node A & Node B)
and cluster2 ( on two nodes, Node C & Node D).
2- Cluster1 has one package called pkg1 , and this pkg1 activate LVM VG.
3-Cluster 2 has one package called pkg2 , and this pkg2 active LVM VG.
4- And I have Storage Foundation cluster file system version 5 MP2 software , not installed yet.
5-The VERITAS guy will create a CVM disk group , and a one CFS file system called /data.

The question is:
The /data file system can be added in pkg1 of cluster1 and pkg2 of cluster2 , and can be mounted by the two cluster on the same time or not ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

All confusion here. Not sure what exactly do you want to do. I think, a CFS file system can be mounted on any of the nodes in that cluster. It can not belong to more than one cluster.
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if I understand your question, I think it's not a good idea to have LVM VG and CVM disk group in the same package. I'd prefer to let the new CVM disk group outside the pkg1 and pkg2.

Regards,
Fabio
WISH? IMPROVEMENT!
alishokry
Occasional Advisor

Dear Fabio ,

I will put the cfs /data on the package ,
because the customer want to mount this file system when the package is up .

thanks
Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Good luck...
WISH? IMPROVEMENT!
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If you have a requirement that /data would need to be mounted by both clusters at the same time, building two separate clusters is a wrong solution.

Instead, you should merge the two clusters into one big cluster with 4 nodes. Then it'll be no problem to make the /data CFS visible on all nodes simultaneously, if you wish.

You can then use package configuration to limit which nodes each application package may use (= you can still make pkg1 use only nodes A and B, and pkg2 use only C and D).

MK
MK
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

The cluster filesystem can be a dependency of the package so that makes sure the cluster filesystem package is up before the application package. The application package can still have its own volume group.

Agree with previous poster that a Cluster filesystem can only span a single cluster. Create a 4 node cluster with all nodes.
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

> Create a 4 node cluster with all nodes.

...or use the HA-NFS extension to ServiceGuard, and export the FS to the nodes of the other cluster via NFS. This way you don't need to reconfigure the cluster, but in trade you will have some performance loss to CFS. As it was mentioned, the CFS file system cannot span between different clusters.
Unix operates with beer.