3928 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: fcmsutil to update the disk repalcement

vijay alur alur
Frequent Advisor

fcmsutil to update the disk repalcement

Hi All,

we have 2 servers (HPUX 11.23) in serviceguard cluster (Active-Passive), attached to a HP DS2405 disk array. there was a disk failure, so from the active node i did the disk replacement successfully. everything went fine. but i was getting EMS alerts messages for WWN changed for the failed disk on PASSIVE Node. Also that failed disk in the array was still showing NO_HW State in ioscan output.

Hence to update the new replaced disks WWN on the passive node and to make the passive node aware of the disk replacement, i run the command

fcmsutil /dev/fcd0 replace_dsk 0x0000d5.

This ideally shoud upodate the PASSIVE node with the new changed WWN of the new disk. But still i was not able to get the disk in CLAIMED state.

i even tried insf -eCdisk and ioscan to check.

But the next day, to my surprise i see the disk is now in CLAIMED state on PASSIVE node and i can see a log of disk initialization for that hardware path. below is the log entry

Feb  3 23:46:07 node2 vmunix: 0/2/1/0/4/0.8.0.255.0.10.0 sdisk

I am not sure how did this possibly happen.

Any one any idea how did this happen?

Thanks and Regards,

Lead Engineer, IMS.
iGATE
1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: fcmsutil to update the disk repalcement

After a replacement of a FC connected disk you should run ioscan. Then you will find in syslog all needed data for running fcmsutil replace_dsk.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!