1753792 Members
7329 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: filesystem is not mounting.

AbhilashPaul
Advisor

filesystem is not mounting.

My Box was running in 11.31 now i exported its VGs and installed hp unix 11.23 ,and imported the VGs .Now its showing all lvms . but its not mounting.In 11.23 the vxfs is 3.5 version.I have doubt that is this problem because of version.. any solution for this, ??
5 REPLIES 5

Probably that's the issue yes...

check the VxFS file layout version of the filesystem by running:

fstyp -v /dev/vgXX/lvolN

If the version is 6 or higher, then VxFS 3.5 won't be able to read it.

You could probably try the following product:

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=EnableVxFS

Note that you must ensure PHCO_34208 or one of its sucessors is installed before trying to install this.

I have to say I've never had to do this, so I'm not sure whether the package is actually only for systems that already have VxFS 5 on them...

Anyway worth a try, otherwise you'll have to hunt down an 11.23 install DVD with VxFS4.1 or 5.0 on it...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
AbhilashPaul
Advisor

Thanks Edmon. I think i have to reload back but the problem is, i want to use this server as a NFS server , so this filesystem version will raise some probelm there.Because all other servers are running in 11.23 . So now ...what to do ?

>> but the problem is, i want to use this server as a NFS server , so this filesystem version will raise some probelm there.Because all other servers are running in 11.23 . So now ...what to do ?

As long as the NFS server can mount the VxFS filesystem, the NFS clients will mount NFS filesystems - they won't care whether that version of VxFS the filesystem is.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't have an 11.31 NFS file server with 11.23 cleinst...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
AbhilashPaul
Advisor

oh yes.. i got the point later..thanks Dear..
AbhilashPaul
Advisor

I will continue the server with V3 .