New Discussion юеВ

Re: mirror/UX on HPUX 10.20 c3600

SOLVED
Go to solution
peter demus
Frequent Advisor

mirror/UX on HPUX 10.20 c3600

hello !

may i install the mirrox/ux extension to have raid-1 on my c3600 workstation ? i have two 72GB scsi disk. is it possible or supported ?

i have got a preinstalled HPUX10.20 on 1 disk. can i turn on raid-1 afterwards using the second disk?

could i use the old codeword and the old hpux 10.20 server -cds to install mirror/ux ?

or do i have to purchase a new license? the old E55 server will be switched off after transfer the data to the C3600.

thanks peter
jepp!
3 REPLIES 3
siva0123
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Peter,

As far as i know if you have got the Mission critical OS environment cd then i think u may not need a new license , if not then you have to purchase a new license for mirror ux.

Thanks,
Siva
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

A major problem here is that you are running 10.20, which has been unsupported for quite some time. at that OS release, MirrorDisk was only available as a purchased product.

If the codeword you have is for MirrorDisk and you have the cd's, then you should be good to go. The mirroring to the second disk can be done at anytime after the software is installed. You might try running "swlist | grep -i mirror", if you see "MirrorDisk/UX", then its already installed.
Lars-Olof Fermvall
Frequent Advisor

Hi Peter,

Contact your local HP representative and ask to buy a copy. since 10.20 is unsupported they MAY just be more helpful than you think...
Nemo enim saltat sobrius, nice forte insanit