6641 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pvcreate question

Travis Harp_1
Advisor

pvcreate question

Hello all -

I have a system that has SAN disks attached and after I pvcreate'ed the disks and vgextend'ed the volume groups I noticed that the disks were created too small.

Now the SAN group has re-created the disks the correct size but when I vgreduce the disks and try to use pvcreate on them again they show back up the same size as they were before.

Where is the system saving this information so I can force it to find the new size of the disks.

Thanks,
Travis
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

You might try using rmsf to remove the /dev/dsk/ and /dev/rdsk/ device files for those LUNs.

Then use insf to recreate the device files. You can then use diskinfo (using the /dev/rdsk/ devie) to see what size HP-UX sees.
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

You may have to re-run ioscan.

ioscan -fnC disk

then

diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c#t#d#

See if it has changed. I think that the disk info may be held in a kernel structure until you either reboot or rerun ioscan.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

If you have not rebooted since making these changes on the SAN side, the OS will not recognize the change in size.
you need to do a reboot
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!