6382 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pvtimeout

kholikt
Super Advisor

pvtimeout

Hi,

if I have done pvchange -t 90 /dev/dsk/cxtxdx as well as lvchange -r N /dev/myvg/lvol1 for cluster volume, do I need to do export map file and re-import the volume group to the standby node in order to keep the setting permanent
abc
3 REPLIES 3
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

No, that data are stored as part of the LVM metadata and will be honored when the VG is mounted on another node in the cluster or across a reboot.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
kholikt
Super Advisor

Ok Thanks. I noticed that some of the VG was created with one Primary and 3 alternate links is this okay?

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/dsk/c6t0d0
PV Name /dev/dsk/c12t0d0 Alternate Link
PV Name /dev/dsk/c4t0d0 Alternate Link
PV Name /dev/dsk/c10t0d0 Alternate Link
PV Status available
Total PE 25596
Free PE 0
Autoswitch On
abc
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The information is fine as long as that's what you expected it to be. Meaning, alternate link just means different paths the server takes to initiate a communication with the same disk. Again LVM acts in active/passive mode, meaning an alternate link gets activated only when primary fails. The space available for the VG with be the size of the one disk alone. All the paths in the output of yours signify the same disk with different paths.

If you think you will get a space of 4 disks in that VG, then I'm afraid you are mislead, because, for that you need to add 3 more different PV's.
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)