Operating System - HP-UX
1751948 Members
4733 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vgimport data VG on secondary node without de-activate data VG on primary node in MC-SG

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex6126
Occasional Advisor

vgimport data VG on secondary node without de-activate data VG on primary node in MC-SG

Hi,

on my HP-UX11.31 MC-SG 11.20 cluster, I'm planning to add new disks to the VG in a fail-over package. Could you please verify the steps I'm going to take?:

1. on primary node: pvcreate NEW_PV

2. on primary node: vgextend VG_DATA NEW_PV

3. on primary node: vgexport -p -s -v -m VG_DATA.map VG_DATA;  scp VG_DATA.map to secondary node

4. on secondary node: vxexport VG_DATA

5. on secondary node: vgimport -s -m VG_DATA.map NEW_PV

6. it's done.

I believe vgimport the data VG is safe as it doesn't write anything to the disk. Could anyone please confirm?

Thanks.

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: vgimport data VG on secondary node without de-activate data VG on primary node in MC-SG

In between steps 4 and 5 you may need to create the /dev/VG_DATA directory and /dev/VG_DATA/group file.

With HP-UX 11.31 the vgcreate command will automatically create those, but I do not know if the vgimport command will do that.  If it does not, you will have to do that manually.

Alex6126
Occasional Advisor

anyone could confirm whether this can be done without deactivating the vg on primary node?

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes. When you use vgexport with the "-p" option, there is no need to deactivate the VG.

MK
Alex6126
Occasional Advisor

Thanks.