1752580 Members
4482 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vgmodify and LVMREC

Ryan Gu
Frequent Advisor

vgmodify and LVMREC

When I do a test for vgmodify on HP-UX 11.31. But got an error "vgmodify: Invalid LVMREC on Physical Volume /dev/rdisk/disk3". After check the MP, I found there is no information about Original Product Number.
Upgrade these information, the vgmodify still prompt that error. I know the error could be resolved by redo pvcreate.

But i want to know how to resolve this problem online, not recreate the pv.

And could we modify the pvra and vgra information?
Ryan Gu
2 REPLIES 2

Ryan,

It's a little difficult to understand what you are asking...

>> When I do a test for vgmodify on HP-UX 11.31. But got an error "vgmodify: Invalid LVMREC on Physical Volume /dev/rdisk/disk3".

-So is that disk part of a volume group? what does "pvdisplay /dev/disk/disk3" actually say?

>> After check the MP, I found there is no information about Original Product Number.

-Huh? Do you mean you ran the "ID" command from the Management Processor and it returned no info? If so that's *bad* and will probably require an engineer to resolve.

>> Upgrade these information, the vgmodify still prompt that error. I know the error could be resolved by redo pvcreate.

-Are you saying you fixed the problem with the Original Product Number? (did you fix it or an engineer?), but still have an issue with vgmodify?

>> And could we modify the pvra and vgra information?

What, you mean insert a different ID into the PVRA/VGRA area? You could try "vgchgid", but you'd have to run it on all the disks in the VG, and I expect export/import the VG as well. I think I'd like to understand what your challenge is a litlle more first...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Ryan Gu
Frequent Advisor

nnn. Sorry for my poor english.
Q1. Invalid LVMREC
rp7420p1#[/]vgmodify -tv vg01
Volume Group configuration for /dev/vg01 has been saved in /etc/lvmconf/vg01.conf

Current Volume Group settings:
Max LV 255
Max PV 16
Max PE per PV 1016
PE Size (Mbytes) 4
VGRA Size (Kbytes) 176
vgmodify: Invalid LVMREC on Physical Volume /dev/rdisk/disk56

Q2.ID information in MP
[rp7420mp] MP:CM> id

This command allows you to change certain fields in the Stable complex
configuration portion of the complex profile.

Retrieving the stable complex configuration portion of the complex profile.

MP modifiable stable complex configuration data fields.
Model String : 9000/800/rp7420
Complex System Name :
Original Product Number:
Current Product Number :
UUID : 7a3c4781-2f41-11dc-8913-7e0be4def285
Creator Manufacturer : hp
Creator Product Name : server rp7420
Creator Serial Number :
OEM Manufacturer :
OEM Product Name :
OEM Serial Number :
Diagnostic license : Disabled

Q3. Yes, I'm an HP Engineer.
I input all the information in Q2. So the vgmodify could modify the 'Max PE per PV' parameter. But in this situation, vgmodify only effect on new pv that created after I input the MP information in Q2. It still report a LVMREC error when I use vgmodify to the pvs that created before MP information fixed. Such as: vg00, if you use vgmodify now, it still report LVMREC error.
Ryan Gu