1748051 Members
5054 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

vxdmpadm commands on a HPUX11iv1

Leslie Fischer
Frequent Advisor

vxdmpadm commands on a HPUX11iv1

Having problems with dmp on a HP11iv1 server with an eva6000 attached. Using dmp for multipathing. Have Clustering and VVR on some servers, but not all and not this one. This server seems to not have dmp working. Have checked the /stand/system to make sure it is configured. I verified that the processes are running compared to another server. I want to run some vxdmpadm commands on it to verify that dmp is enabled, but not sure which ones are safe while my drives are mounted? Any sugestions? Can vxdmpadm enable or start restore be ran on a system that has oracle and other processes running on the drives?
More: I have the base Veritas volume manager on this system and not the Full version. I do not cluster or have replication on this server. I understood that I did not need to purchase a lic to run dmp on a server with an EVA6000, only had to load the asl libraries to get dmp to work.
1 REPLY 1
David Dilly
Regular Advisor

Re: vxdmpadm commands on a HPUX11iv1

Hello

I think you are wrong.
I think DMP of Veritas is under licence.
On hpux, if you want to use multiple path for your storage you must use PVLink (it's free with LVM) or DMP or SecurePath(Not Free)

Regards