Operating System - HP-UX
1753905 Members
9844 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: aC++ Compiler question

PiyushRanjan

C++ Compiler doubt

Can anyone please help me for below questions:- 1) What is the difference between Product C++/ANSI C DEVELOPERS BUNDLE E LTU (LICENSE PER PROCESSOR CORE) and C++/ANSI C DEVELOPERS BUNDLE PER PROCESSOR CORE LICENSE? And Which is better? 2) If I already have HP C/ANSI C Developer\'s Bundle (S800) Compiler, Will the new compiler from any of the above two compilers overwrite my existing compiler?.

2 REPLIES 2
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: C++ Compiler doubt

@PiyushRanjan wrote:

Can anyone please help me for below questions:- 1) What is the difference between Product C++/ANSI C DEVELOPERS BUNDLE E LTU (LICENSE PER PROCESSOR CORE) and C++/ANSI C DEVELOPERS BUNDLE PER PROCESSOR CORE LICENSE? And Which is better? 2) If I already have HP C/ANSI C Developer\'s Bundle (S800) Compiler, Will the new compiler from any of the above two compilers overwrite my existing compiler?.

#1:  There is no difference.  This is meaningless marketing verbiage.

#2:  Yes, the new compiler version will overlay the old from HP.

Regards!

...JRF...

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: aC++ Compiler question

>1) What is the difference between Product C++/ANSI C DEVELOPERS BUNDLE E LTU (LICENSE PER PROCESSOR

CORE) and C++/ANSI C DEVELOPERS BUNDLE PER PROCESSOR CORE LICENSE?

How old is each?  Perhaps they changed the wording slightly?  But you do need a license per core.

>2) If I already have HP C/ANSI C Developer\'s Bundle (S800) Compiler, Will the new compiler from any of the above two compilers overwrite my existing compiler?

It sounds like those are only licenses, not the actual bits?