4865 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't locate File/Basename.pm

Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

Can't locate File/Basename.pm

Hi All,

I have a perl script to execute though when trying to execute i am getting following error.

root@icsdp2:/tmp#sh unix.sh
Can't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/perl5/lib/5.00502/PA-RISC1.1 /opt/perl5/lib/5.00502 /opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.005/PA-RISC1.1 /opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.005 .) at /tmp/urt_extract.pl line 26.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /tmp/urt_extract.pl line 26.

The OS version is 11.11 and latest perl is installed. I hope i need to modify the script somewhere.

Any thoughts?

Anshu
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!
3 REPLIES 3
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't locate File/Basename.pm

hi Anshu,

please see Hein's reply at the following URL:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=822150

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

Dear Yogeeraj,

i know that i am almost 0 in perl, and asking a thing from scratch is not wise to ask in this forum. :P

Anyways, i will be putting it back to the developer who wrote this as i never touched perl before.I was just wondering if there is a little which needs to be modified. :)

Anshu
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

It got solved by latest version of Perl.
Only difference which i could see earlier and now is.
Perl was in /usr/contrib/bin/perl
and perl -V O/P was'nt coming.
now Perl is in /usr/bin/perl and perl -V is fine. Script is going fine now.

closing thread