Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile samba with krb5

SOLVED
Go to solution
uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Compile samba with krb5

I want to compile latest samba3 with krb5.

Works fine (compile at least) with heimdal,but when i try to join ads cannot find kdc,i have tried dns enabled

and not in krb5.conf.

So i try to compile with krb5-client of hp

./configure   --prefix=/opt/samba   --libdir=/opt/samba/lib   --bindir=/opt/samba/bin   --sbindir=/opt/samba/sbin   --mandir=/opt/samba/man   --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/samba   --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba   --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba/locks   --with-privatedir=/etc/opt/samba/private   --localstatedir=/var/opt/samba   --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba/locks   --with-swatdir=/opt/samba/swat   --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba/log/  --enable-cups   --enable-external-libtalloc=no   --enable-static=no   --enable-shared=yes   --with-acl-support=yes   --with-automount   --with-quotas   --with-syslog   --with-utmp   --with-libsmbclient   --with-winbind   --with-ldap   --with-krb5=base-dir=/opt/krb5client   --with-ads CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/krb5client/include' LDFLAGS=' -L /opt/krb5client/lib/hpux32' 

after make give error.

Smbd can't find libgssapi

any suggestion?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX>System Administration to Languages and Scripting. -HP Forum Moderator

12 REPLIES
uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Re: Compile samba with krb5

Compiling smbd/msg_idmap.c
Linking bin/smbd
ld: Can't find library for -lgssapi
Fatal error.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1781: recipe for target 'bin/smbd' failed

The error

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Another error,samba3 on hpux 11.23,samba is 3.6.23

i use this configure

CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include' LDFLAGS=' -L/usr/local/lib/ -lintl -z ignore -z lazyload' ./configure --prefix=/opt/samba3  --enable-shared=yes  --enable-static=no --with-acl-support --with-aio-support --with-pam --with-winbind --with-ads --enable-nss-wrapper --with-shared-modules=vfs_zfsacl,vfs_prealloc,vfs_cacheprime,vfs_commit,idmap_ldap,idmap_tdb2,idmap_rid,idmap_ad,idmap_hash,idmap_adex --with-readline --with-ads --with-ldap --with-automount --with-dnsupdate=no --with-krb5=/usr/local --with-privatedir=/var/opt/samba3/private --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba3 --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-statedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-cachedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba3/locks --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba3/log

error givern

Compiling lib/srprs.c
In file included from lib/srprs.c:28:
lib/cbuf.h:179: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘uint32_t’
The following command failed:
)
*** Codice di uscita errore 1

Stop.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>lib/cbuf.h:179: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘uint32_t’

What's around that line in that file?

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba3  --enable-shared=yes  --enable-static=no  --with-acl-support  --with-aio-support  --with-pam  --with-winbind  --enable-nss-wrapper --with-readline  --with-ads  --with-ldap  --with-automount  --with-dnsupdate=no  --with-krb5=/opt/krb5client  --with-privatedir=/var/opt/samba3/private  --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba3  --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-statedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-cachedir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba3/locks  --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba3/log  ac_cv_lib_rt_fdatasync=no  ac_cv_have_fdatasync_decl=no ac_cv_lib_ext_rt_fdatasync=no CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/krb5client/include' LDFLAGS=' -L/opt/krb5client/lib -L/opt/krb5client/lib/gss'

Samba3 hpux-11.31

same error.

Compiling smbd/msg_idmap.c
Linking bin/smbd
ld: Can't find library for -lgssapi

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

On Solaris 10 someone make samba package working fine with ssl,ldap and kerberos

they use mit krb5,so i try to compile it but

cm.c:43: warning: no previous prototype for ‘k5_getcurtime’
        gcc -fPIC -DSHARED  -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/krb5mit/lib\" -I../../../include -I../../../include -I../../../util/profile  -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1  -DKRB5_PRIVATE   -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-format-zero-length -Woverflow -Wstrict-overflow -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wmissing-prototypes -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wunknown-pragmas -Wsign-compare -Werror=uninitialized -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=variadic-macros -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -c dnsglue.c -o dnsglue.so.o && mv -f dnsglue.so.o dnsglue.so
dnsglue.c: In function ‘krb5int_dns_init’:
dnsglue.c:106: error: implicit declaration of function ‘res_init’
dnsglue.c:126: error: implicit declaration of function ‘res_search’
dnsglue.c: In function ‘krb5int_dns_expand’:
dnsglue.c:211: error: implicit declaration of function ‘dn_expand’
dnsglue.c: In function ‘krb5int_dns_nextans’:
dnsglue.c:318: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

Stop.

No way?

:(

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>dnsglue.c:106: error: implicit declaration of function ‘res_init’

res_init, res_search and dn_expand are mentioned in resolver(3N) but I don't see any actual declarations in resolv.h.

They seem to be defined in libc.so.

So either you need to modify resolv.h to add the prototypes or remove -Werror-implicit-function-declaration from your build.

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Ok,i will try it

Thanks

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

I have remove implicit-function-declaration
from makefile
Compile.same error
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>I have remove implicit-function-declaration from makefile Compile.  same error

What does the makefile output fragment and error look like?

I'm not sure if you need to remove -pedantic too?

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Removed pedantic and Werror

:(

In file included from ../../../include/k5-int.h:182,
                 from dnsglue.h:51,
                 from dnsglue.c:30:
../../../include/k5-trace.h:93:20: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
dnsglue.c: In function ‘krb5int_dns_init’:
dnsglue.c:138: error: implicit declaration of function ‘res_init’
dnsglue.c:152: error: implicit declaration of function ‘res_search’
dnsglue.c: In function ‘krb5int_dns_expand’:
dnsglue.c:233: error: implicit declaration of function ‘dn_expand’
dnsglue.c: In function ‘krb5int_dns_nextans’:
dnsglue.c:340: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of data type

uxbeginner22
Trusted Contributor

Whoops!

My fault: i have edited only Makefile on top src,i have to edit also Makefile on gssglue dir(os)

Compile fine with gcc and gnu make.

With hpux compiler fail.

Now i try samba...