Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Languages and Scripting
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Hi,
I'm about to write some PERL code, helping me managing hundreds for datalist/barlist specifications.
For that, I need to parse files content located on my different cell servers.
Before re-inventing the wheel, I'm searching if anybody would have already written a piece of a PERL script to parse those configuration files ?
(could not find anything so far...)
2 REPLIES
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Hi:

Obviously your question is meaningful to you. You haven't provided any details of the input or output you want. Given that you know much more than you have enumerated, I suggest you begin by looking at the numerous modules that exist on CPAN. It is likely that one or more will form the basis for your solution:

http://search.cpan.org/

Regards!

...JRF...

Re: Datalist/Barlist specification file parsing in PERL ?

Sorry if I was not clear in my question.

I meant that I'm writting some PERL code to script some check and verification tasks on my datalists/barlists files.
I'm quite OK with PERL (I know how to write such a parser in PERL), but I wondered if anybody ever write a PERL module that would PARSE DP datalists/barlists content ?
A "good" parser should be based on the grammar of the file, which is not always easy to define... So, if anybody did it, that would save a lot of time...

Thanks !