6355 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Error 698: Exact position unknown; near

sumanth_2
Occasional Contributor

Error 698: Exact position unknown; near

Hi,

When I'm compiling my code on HP-UX 11i and aCC 3.65, I'm getting the following errors:

Error 698: Exact position unknown; near ["/vobs/PSABin/usr/aethos/src/extiface/src/InpInterface.h", line 118]. # The
declarations "typedef ServiceType ServiceType" and "typedef OCDiameter::ServiceType OCDiameter::ServiceType" are
both visible and neither is preferred under the name lookup rules.

And many more errors just like above. I saw some other posts alreay with similar errors, but were reported on previous aCC compiler version. Any help on this pls. My copilation line is :

THREADLIB=posix INFORMIXC="/opt/aCC/bin/aCC " INFORMIXCPP="/opt/aCC/bin/aCC" INFORMIXDIR=/home/informix THREADLIB=posix /home/informix/bin/esql -thread -static -DIFX_THREAD -AA -z -g +p +DA2.0N -c -D_HPUX_SOURCE -mt -DRW_MULTI_THREAD -DRWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -DPACKVERSION="\"\"" -g -I/home/informix/incl/esql -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/voiceDiamRoFilter/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/incl -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/filter/incl -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/services/common/incl -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/services/sms/v05/incl -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/cap3PSAFilter/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/lib/cap3 -I/vobs/PSA/3.3/PSA/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/lib/tintconnection/include -I../include -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/lib/cap3/common/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/lib/cap3/comms/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/houston/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.3/PSA/include -I/vobs/PSA/3.3/PSA/stats/statsc/ -I/vobs/PSA/3.3/PSA/stats/include/ -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/incl -I/opt/OC/hpocdiameter-1-3-devel-1.6.0/include/ -I/opt/OC/hpocdiameter-1-3-devel-1.6.0/include/OCDiameter/ -I/opt/OC/hpocdiameter-1-3-devel-1.6.0/include/OCDiameter/transport/ -I/opt/OC/hpocdiameter-1-3-devel-1.6.0/include/OCDiameter/accounting/ -I/opt/OC/hpocdiameter-1-3-devel-1.6.0/include/OCDiameter/3GPP/Ro/ -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA/voiceDiamRoFilter/diameter/src -I/vobs/PSABin/usr/aethos/src/infrastructure/incl -I/vobs/PSABin/usr/aethos/src/extiface/src -I/vobs/PSA/3.2/PSA -I/usr/include/sys -c MessageProcessor.ecpp || /usr/bin/rm -f MessageProcessor.C

Regards,
Dinesh
1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Error 698: Exact position unknown; near

There are two causes:
1) You have two typedefs, one in one namespace OCDiameter and one in the global namespace.

Is this your case?? If so, you will need to make sure there is only one. And you can use a using declaration to only insert that one into the global namespace.

2) There is a compiler bug:
JAGaf43192 Error 698 with using declaratives on __catchTp_v
JAGaf22886 Need future error 698 if type introduced with using directive and there
JAGae96147 Error 698 with using directive
JAGaf03928 Boost Error 698: Two declarations are visible and neither is preferrred
JAGaf45110 Error 698 with with static array construction
JAGaf58400 Error 698 returned incorrectly if using directive and func/type

Most of these have been fixed in A.03.65. You could try A.03.73, PHSS_35099.