Operating System - HP-UX
1751877 Members
5199 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error bpbrm aCC runtime: Use of "-mt" must be consistent during both compilation and linking

Alex Almaraz
Regular Advisor

Error bpbrm aCC runtime: Use of "-mt" must be consistent during both compilation and linking

Hi,

I'm receiving the error above while trying to start a client backup.

NetBackup 6.0 MP4
Client: HPUX 11iv2

Master server: Sun Solaris 9

I tried to remove the patches: PHSS_38154, PHSS_30968 and another ones as mentioned in another threads but seem that i don't have them installed on my box. They are probably superseeded by most recent patches. How to check the most recent versions?

Any ideas to fix this error?

After the OS installation, installed:
QPKBASE B.11.23.1006.084a Base Quality Pack Bundle for HP-UX 11i v2, June 2010

Thanks in advance,

Regards
12 REPLIES 12
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Error bpbrm aCC runtime: Use of "-mt" must be consistent during both compilation and linking

>I tried to remove the patches: PHSS_38154, PHSS_30968 and another ones as mentioned in another threads

(You'll need to look for the 11.23 versions of those patches.)

These threads?
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1295835
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1321470

>but seem that I don't have them installed on my box. They are probably superseded by most recent patches. How to check the most recent versions?

You could simply list all of your patches and look for the "aC++ runtime" string. You may need "-x show_superseded_patches=true".

Or you could look at the patch tree for PHSS_38154.
Or on the aC++ versions/patches page:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=2645dec4c7563110VgnVCM100000275d6e10RCRD#b11.23pa
Alex Almaraz
Regular Advisor

ok, let me check that.
Alex Almaraz
Regular Advisor

I have discovered that the issue is related to Oracle. I needed to reinstall the OS and after I patched it with the Quality pack of June 2010 i did a test with netbackup and worked. Now, I have installed Oracle 10gR2 software and created a DB and now it is not working.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have installed Oracle 10gR2 software and created a DB and now it is not working.

I'm not sure why? Does NetBackup dynamically load Oracle shlibs?
Alex Almaraz
Regular Advisor

Netbackup creates this link to link RMAN with the Backup agent:

$ORACLE_HOME/lib/ln -s /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.sl64 libobk.sl

The funny think is that Oracle backups are running fine. The issue is with the client software, the one used to backup File Systems.

I don't know how to solve this issue. Probably restoring a original file to its previous verion (if it existed before), but what file? How to know if that will not impact the Oracle DB?

Thinking...
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Netbackup creates this link to link RMAN with the Backup agent:

This seems to be in the "reverse", Oracle uses libobk.sl?

>I don't know how to solve this issue.

Have you talked to Symantec about this?

What is the patch version of libCsup?
Alex Almaraz
Regular Advisor

Oracles uses libobk (RMAN)

I have not contacted symantec yet

Regards
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Alex, I think you're seeing a red herring when it comes to Oracle causing your problems. Your Oracle environment wrote nothing to your server library areas, etc. So that it simply does not affect your backup software in anyway. The only thing you do is put the libobk file in your $ORACLE_HOME/lib area. So that when Rman is run, it can contact your backup software management layer, and create channels, etc.

I don't see how an Oracle install could have possibly affected your ability to backup just plain old file systems elsewhere on the server. Your Oracle install did not drop any files in your OS areas, or on your backup software client tool area.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
Alex Almaraz
Regular Advisor

TowProc, I think that you are right but the "fact", is that after installing the Oracle software the netbackup client is not working. I tested the server before Oracle was installed and it was working, but...i remember that I installed GCC and some libraries that could be causing this issue, I will uninstall them and try again.

Regards