1752701 Members
5773 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP MicroFocus COBOL from 10.2 to 11.0

Eric Kaiser
Advisor

HP MicroFocus COBOL from 10.2 to 11.0

Does anyone know if version B.11.3 of HP MicroFocus Cobol will run on HPUX 11.0 . We currently are running it on 10.2 and plan on upgrading to 11.0 this year and are still in need of utilizing MF Cobol. Thanks in advance for any help..
4 REPLIES 4
Pedro Sousa
Honored Contributor

Re: HP MicroFocus COBOL from 10.2 to 11.0

Hi!
I had version B.12.35 on HPUX 10.20, adn after upgrading to HPUX 11.0 I had to install version B.13.35. If you're using Micro Focus Cobol, you'll only need to ask HP for the new license file.
good luck.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Eric, Pedro is correct and I will only add that even going to 64-bit 11.i the process is the same and data is compatible.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Eric Kaiser
Advisor

So are what you telling me that my version thats on 10.2 is not compatible with 11.0 hpux? Also, Do you think I will have to recompile my programs rather than just tar'ing them off and re-applying them to my other box?
Pedro Sousa
Honored Contributor

Hi again!
You'll have to upgrade your COBOL version, but I think your programs will not need to be re-compiled. "I think" because I do not develop in COBOL.
About your system upgrade, I advise you to do a cold install instead of upgrading everything.
hope this helps.