Operating System - HP-UX
1752690 Members
5463 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty.

hp-ux technical documen
Occasional Contributor

I downloaded Server Evaluation copy of C/ANSI compiler, but when I try to compile a file with it, it gives me following error -

Can somebody point out what needs to be done

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

Re: Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty.

hi,

In order to use these evaluation compilers, you must also obtain and install an evaluation license, which is good for 60 days from the date the license was generated. This license may be obtained from licensing.hp.com.

You will receive a PDF file which is your license. It has a section named 60 Days Evaluation License Key Code which has a license key of 26 hexadecimal digits.

To enable the evaluation compiler, you need to create a plain text (ASCII) file containing only that 26 digit hexadecimal license key.

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayInstallInfo.do?productNumber=B3901BAEVAL

please remember to assign points...

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty.

Hi,
looking at your previous questions I assume you are intending to use the ANSI C compiler, as you would get support from HP for questions regarding the compiler.

If not, then gcc may be your other choice.

It's free, but support may not be to the level you need in your case.
hp-ux technical documen
Occasional Contributor

yes support of gcc is one thing, another thing is using this for kernel modules may lead to some unknown things which you never know. So it is better to use what HP provides, atleast for the kernel space.
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Hi,
thanks for the clarification.
If you are going to mess with the kernel, I would agree with your decision to go with the supported product.

Go with Josephs weblink.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28
Shawn Bishop

Good Day

Has anybody sorted out this problem yet?,I have exactly the same probelm and I have followed the installtion guide exactly.When compiling code it gives this error

/triceps/triprod/source $ mkrts1.hp SCR
Internal Error: Codeword file(s) missing or empty.
cc: 487: warning : Possibly incorrect message catalog.
cob32: error(s) in C compilation: rts1serl.c
Rename rts1.SCR to rts1

If anybody knows the answer please post it,HP Support doesnt know the answer either.

I have placed the 26 character code in an ASCII file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd,so that is not the problem.

Cheers
Thomas Lecomte

Hello -
I'm having a similar trouble with the HP ANSI/C Compiler. I've my license key in the correct file.
I'm able to compile files as root, it works well. However, when logged as an ormal user, it told me:
cousolre>cc c.c

File's permissions seems to be okay:
cousolre>ls -l /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 27 Feb 4 23:48 /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd

Does anybody has an idea?
Thanks,

Thomas
Shawn Bishop

Good Day Thomas

Are you using the evaluation version ,or the full version of the ANSI /C Compiler?I cant even compile as root,where did you place the ansic.cwd file?

Cheers
Thomas Lecomte

Shawn,
I'm using the evaluation version of the compiler.
As the ls -l command shows, the file is in /opt/ansic/newconfig.
Isn't there an HP-UX utility to trace system call? I would like to see which open() the compiler try to do.
Thanks,
Thomas
Thomas Lecomte

Hello -
I've found what file cc tried to open using "tusc".

cousolre# pwd
/etc/opt/softbench/lib
cousolre# ls -l
total 2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 27 Feb 6 01:12 softbench.cwd

I hope it will help you.
Thomas