Operating System - HP-UX
1753663 Members
5632 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Itanium DLKM: WARNING: MOD: mod_obj_relone: Illegal relocation type R_IA_64_LTOFF_TPREL22 154 (0x9a)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Umansky_1
Occasional Advisor

Itanium DLKM: WARNING: MOD: mod_obj_relone: Illegal relocation type R_IA_64_LTOFF_TPREL22 154 (0x9a)

I'm using Itanium 11i v1.6 (11.22) with HP ANSI C++/C B3910B A.05.36 [May 20 2002].

When I try to load my module I get this error:
WARNING: MOD: mod_obj_relone: Illegal relocation type R_IA_64_LTOFF_TPREL22 154 (0x9a)

I read the other thread in this forum on this same subject and I'm using exact same build flags. That other thread didn't seem to get a solution for the problem (or it was never posted). Other searches on HP sites didn't provide anything useful.

I even removed cc_bundled and symlinked it to the ansi compiler to no avail, same error.

Questions:
1) Can a kernel module be "legally" built without the '+kernel' compiler option - and will it then load (I have not tried this yet)?

2) If a solution becomes available and the solution means getting a newer version of the ansi compiler then how do I ship my modules to a customer who only has the bundled compiler on his/her 11.22 machine? They wont be able to go thru the successful config/load process and will get the same error.

Any help is greately appreciated.

thanks
Michael Umansky
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Itanium DLKM: WARNING: MOD: mod_obj_relone: Illegal relocation type R_IA_64_LTOFF_TPREL22 154 (0x9a)

Hi

1)Need +KERNEL

2)Go to
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,1740,00.html

Get version 3.50

2bis)The bundled C will not work for this your customer needs a real compiler

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: Itanium DLKM: WARNING: MOD: mod_obj_relone: Illegal relocation type R_IA_64_LTOFF_TPREL22 154 (0x9a)

Hi

See other thread

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=367786

Owner has added his solution

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Michael Umansky_1
Occasional Advisor

Steve, thank you very much for the info. I'll be asking mgmt for compiler upgrade (or switch to 11.23).
thanks
Michael