New Discussion

Linker Error in a module "ld: Unsatisfied symbol "CORBA_LongSeq"

SOLVED
Go to solution
AmolPatel
Advisor

Re: Linker Error in a module "ld: Unsatisfied symbol "CORBA_LongSeq"

Dennis,

In the include directory of Visibroker I found a file called cordef_c.hh which had the below statements (after executing command find . -name "*.hh" | xargs grep "CORBA_LongSeq("):

./cordef_c.hh:  CORBA_LongSeq(::CORBA::ULong _max = 0);
./cordef_c.hh:  CORBA_LongSeq(::CORBA::ULong max, ::CORBA::ULong length,
./cordef_c.hh:  CORBA_LongSeq(const CORBA_LongSeq&);
./cordef_c.hh:  virtual ~CORBA_LongSeq();

Kindly let me know what all files do your require inorder to investigate the same.

Thanks

Regards

Amol.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>a file called cordef_c.hh which had the below statements
./cordef_c.hh:  CORBA_LongSeq(::CORBA::ULong _max = 0);
./cordef_c.hh:  CORBA_LongSeq(::CORBA::ULong max, ::CORBA::ULong length,

It appears that ::CORBA::ULong is "unsigned int" (this seems broken) for those libs and unsigned long for you.

Where is ::CORBA::ULong defined?

>let me know what all files do your require in order to investigate the same.

As I said, I need a .i file from Main.cpp, created with "-E -.i" added to your existing options.

If you are worried about IP leakage, you can zip it up with a password and use PM to mail it to me.

AmolPatel
Advisor

Dennis,

Please check the attachment (zip file) and a PM send.

The link http://www.ime.usp.br/~reverbel/SOD-97/Manuais/vbrokerc++/prog_gd/noframes/chap11.htm

has a section named Primitive Data Types which mentions that "You should consult the include file orbtypes.h for an exact mapping of these primitive data types for your particular platform."

Kindly investigate and let me know your findings.

Thanks

Regards

Amol.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>The link has a section named Primitive Data Types which mentions that "You should consult the include file orbtypes.h for an exact mapping of these primitive data types

I only see uses of ULong, no definitions.  Looking at Main.i, I see the definition:

#line 64 "/development0/rlp/VisiBroker/include/ptypedef.h"
    typedef long                  Long;
    typedef unsigned long         ULong;

So I would need to see ptypedef.h to check for #if logic.

AmolPatel
Advisor

Dennis,

Please find attached zip file having ptypedef.h header file.

Password is same.

Thanks

Amol

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Please find attached zip file having ptypedef.h

Please edit your post and attach the file.

AmolPatel
Advisor

Have attached the zip file now.

Thanks

Amol.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Have attached the zip file now.

From the choices ptypedef.h has, it appears you need to compile with: -DBITS64

You may want to search the documentation to see if this is mentioned.

If you get other unsats, we may have to pick another choice.

AmolPatel
Advisor
Solution

Dennis,

Will see if compiling with -DBITS64 works or not and will update you on the same.

Thanks

Amol.

AmolPatel
Advisor

Dennis,

Thanks for the help. The solution provided helped me to remove the respective linker errors.

Also I need help on linker error warnings in module bin/ANTSUtilityServer. Below are the linker warnings:

aCC -ext -mt -Wl,+s +DD64  -L/RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release  -L/development0/rlp/xerces2.8/lib  -L/development0/rlp/VisiBroker/lib -L/oracle/g01/software/rdbms/10.2.0.5/lib   UtilityServer.o  -lfw  -lants_common_s  -lDb_ANTS  -lservice_lca_s  -lservice_csa_s  -lservice_mobile_code_s  -lservice_trunkgroup_s  -lservice_adc_s  -lants_utility_s  -lswitch_init_ui_s  -lwork_trunkgrouppayload_gen_c   -lwork_elementpayload_gen_c  -lwork_adcpayload_gen_c  -Wl,-a,shared -ldynany64_pr  -Wl,-a,shared -ldynany64_r  -Wl,-a,shared -lorbcore64_r  -Wl,-a,shared -lorbcore64_pr  -Wl,-a,shared -lcosnm64_pr  -Wl,-a,shared -lcosnm64_r  -Wl,-a,shared -lorb64_r  -Wl,-a,shared -lorb64_pr  -Wl,-a,shared -lfw64_r  -Wl,-a,shared -lfw64_pr  -Wl,-a,shared -ldsuser64_r  -Wl,-a,shared -ldsuser64_pr -Wl,-a,shared -ldbi  -Wl,-a,shared -lclntsh -Wl,-a,shared -lceg_mt -lpthread -lstream -o /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/bin/release/ANTSUtilityServer
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::ServicePayload::insert(long,ants::common::TypeCode,ants::common::PayloadCategory,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,int,long,bool)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::lca::backflow::LcaPayloadPersistenceMgr::reconstructLcaNpaNxxModify(int,int,char const*,ceg::Referencer<service::lca::LcaNxx,ceg::ClearReference<service::lca::LcaNxx> >,int,int,bool)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::lca::backflow::LcaPayloadPersistenceMgr::reconstructNpaNxxForDelta(int,ceg::Referencer<service::lca::OrpsRoute,ceg::ClearReference<service::lca::OrpsRoute> >,int,int,char const*,int,int,bool)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::SwitchPayload::insert(long,char const*,ants::common::TypeCode,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::lca::backflow::LcaPayloadPersistenceMgr::reconstructLcaNpaNxxAdd(int,char const*,ceg::Referencer<service::lca::LcaNxx,ceg::ClearReference<service::lca::LcaNxx> >,int,int,bool)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::lca::backflow::LcaPayloadPersistenceMgr::reconstructLcaNpaNxxDelete(service::SwitchPayload*,int,ceg::Referencer<service::lca::LcaNxx,ceg::ClearReference<service::lca::LcaNxx> >,int,int,bool)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "service::lca::backflow::LcaPayloadPersistenceMgr::reconstructLcaNpaModifyPayload(int,ceg::Referencer<service::lca::OrpsRoute,ceg::ClearReference<service::lca::OrpsRoute> >,int,int,int,bool,bool)" in file /RLP/DEV/TEST_PJ005710_ph171234/ANTS/RLP_source_server/lib/release/libservice_lca_s.so
7 warnings.

For the same I have included the respective libraries in Makefile, however still I'm unable to remove the warnings.

Kindly let me know what is needed for referring the same.

Thanks once again for the same.

Regards

Amol.