108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Perl 5.8: Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm

SOLVED
Go to solution
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Bosco, thanks for the feedback. What 'tar' do you use? Could you try with the tar available there?

I'll check myself tomorrow, and come back on it.

Thanks again!
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Bosco Tsang
Valued Contributor

That tar comes with HPUX 11 OS. I haven't put in any new one, only applied the Jun patches to the system (not sure if this will affect anything, but from the patch list, nothing specific for tar is listed).
Mehdi_1
Regular Advisor

Hi

The porters at Liverpool porting Center try their best to give as much information as possible. Each package contains a file called HPUX.Install. Some of the information on this file is automatically added by our Automatic Installer package ( As you can imagine is more or less the same for most of the packages ).

And some other information is added by the porter of the package. ( normally the changes that has been done by the porter).

Our default compiler and install path
are gcc and /usr/local. Porters normally don't mention this unless they choose different compiler or install path.

I personally welcome any suggestion that can improve our ports. I can 't guarantee the other porter will follow that. But I try my best to give the best response.

Thanks

__Mehdi

H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Bosco, I just fetched https://www.beepz.com/personal/merijn/perl-5.8.0-gcc-3.2-11.00-pa20-ora.tbz back myself, and

/opt/perl # bzip2 -d < perl-5.8.0-gcc-3.2-11.00-pa20-ora.tbz | tar xf -

worked fine, so I guess you have either miss some tar patches

49152 24 Aug 2001 00:13 /usr/bin/tar

or the download got disturbed (but then bzip2 should complain). At least the archive is OK. Please retry with the bzip2 and tar from https://www.beepz.com/personal/merijn/#Download
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn