5390 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with GCC 3.4.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
cilene Peterson

Problem with GCC 3.4.3

I am having problems with the GCC, here is what I am getting when I run my makefile:

Help...

4 REPLIES 4
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem with GCC 3.4.3

Hi,

What are you trying to compile ? Any products?
Can you update to gcc 4.0.1 ? You can download from http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,547,00.html
Also, what version of "gmake" you are using ?
-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

0. Please attach a screen dump in .txt format. First .doc sucks, and needs oowriter or antiword to show it, but worse: I cannot copy paste text from your report to show you where things go wrong, and making us retype the complete lines is not improving qualitee

1. Please don't mail me about this privately off-forum. All answers should be given here :)

2. gcc is completely right, your problem is to be found in the makefile, because in the last line that creates the binary, the object that defines the missing symbol 'main' is not included.

add 'mnm_receiver.o' to the gcc line where the -o is used. That should solve your problem.

This is NOT a gcc problem.

Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Great. Sending screenshots ;) . Plz send your makefile information as text file. GCC is working propely for building first level objects so that problem with makefile.

hth.
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
cilene Peterson

Thank you for your responses!
The problem was with the make program. I was using the HP native make and instead of gmake. My makefile was correct, just using the wrong version of make.
Merijn's, my apologies for emailing directly, I went to your web site and you had a link to send you email, so I followed it.

Thank you again.