108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with l++ option in Itanium servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Boopathi Muthusamy

Problem with l++ option in Itanium servers

Dear guys,
Our cpp codes were in the unix [HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 2329770924] servers, and we had the aCC compiler[version:B3913DB.ACXX C.03.65 HP aC++] in it till now.

Now we are moving to the new unix server[HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 3789929638 ], and new aCC compiler[version:B9007AA.ACXX C.06.20 HP aC++]. Our make file has the below library added[-l++] in the old server, and it is not working with the new unix box. I tried to replace it with [-lstd and also with +inst_implicit_include]

I am getting the below errors:

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "operator+(String const&,String const&)" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfi
g.a[ServerConfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "operator+(String const&,char const*)" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.
a[ServerConfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "ACE_Log_Msg::set(char const*,int,int,int,int,ostream*)" in file /opt/evoc/to
ols/lib/libcvaserver.a[SrvrClass.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "ACE_Log_Msg::msg_ostream(ostream*)" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/liblog.a[cva
_trace_log.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Srep_ATTLC::delete_srep()" in file cva_encoder.o
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Srep_ATTLC::doinitialize()" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a[ServerCo
nfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Tmpstring::operator+(String const&)" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a
[ServerConfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "String::reserve_grow(int)" in file cva_encoder.o
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "String::operator=(char const*)" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a[Serv
erConfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Tmpstring::operator+(char const*)" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a[S
erverConfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "String::overflow() const" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a[ServerConf
ig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Srep_ATTLC::Reelp" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a[ServerConfig.o]
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Srep_ATTLC::nullrep_" in file /opt/evoc/tools/lib/libconfig.a[ServerConfig.o
]
13 errors
5 REPLIES 5
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Is there anything in /opt/evoc? Looking at your output in the file you attached, I don't think so. Or, if it's there, you don't have permissions set properly to it.

See this in your log file?
ld: (Warning) Cannot load library symbol table in /opt/evoc/EVOCUSDEV/autoenc/lib/libString.a, it mi

ght be missing or corrupted. Skipping library /opt/evoc/EVOCUSDEV/autoenc/lib/libString.a.

That message is directly above your error for unsatisfied symbol for "String" as your first error you listed above. It's because it can't read from the /opt/evoc/EVOCUSDEV/autoenc/lib/libString.a library file.

We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
Boopathi Muthusamy

Thank you for responding so quickly..!

You could remove that error from that file, I was trying something with a SC/String.h file to try to resolve this error. But that didnt work..

Here is the new error file which i just generated..
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem with l++ option in Integrity servers

>Our makefile has the below library added -l++ in the old server, and it is not working with the new box.

You are out of luck. USL Standard Components aren't supported on Integrity.
When aC++ was first released in 1996, it said that SC was obsolete and to port to the Standard C++ library.

You should be able to replace String.h by and string by std::string.

>ld: Unsatisfied symbol ACE_Log_Msg::set(char const*, int, int, int, int, ostream*)
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "ACE_Log_Msg::msg_ostream(ostream*)"

ostream needs to be replaced by std::ostream.

>I tried to replace it with -lstd and also with +inst_implicit_include.

-lstd is with -AP. The default is -AA.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Problem with l++ option in Integrity servers

And libACE.sl is compiled with -AA so you'll have to compile with -AA too.

Boopathi Muthusamy

hey folks, thanks a lot for your replies.. i got the issues resolved now, i used the and resolved it..