Operating System - HP-UX
1745799 Members
3258 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

SAP Error (Pid 14869 in trap loop, signal 10 Bus error)

abdrebbi
Occasional Visitor

SAP Error (Pid 14869 in trap loop, signal 10 Bus error)

Hi Guys,

We are facing an issue to start SAP on HPUX server 11.31, (startsap R3) gives the following error (Pid 14869 in trap loop, signal 10 Bus error) and the connectivity to oracle database is working fine.

Even other SAP command like (R3trans -d, disp+work -version) gives the same message error.

The HPUX bundle version is :

BUNDLE                B.2012.12.11   Patch Bundle
 FEATURE11i            B.11.31.1209.383a Feature Enablement Patches for HP-UX 11i v3, September 2012
 HWEnable11i           B.11.31.1209.383a Hardware Enablement Patches for HP-UX 11i v3, September 2012
 QPKAPPS               B.11.31.1209.383 Applications Patches for HP-UX 11i v3, September 2012

The HPUX OS is hosted in a VM (HP Integrity Virtual Machine).

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regrads.

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Practitioners Discussion Forum to HP-UX > languages- HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SAP Error (Pid 14869 in trap loop, signal 10 Bus error)

This is typically caused by getting a signal and masking off a signal and then getting that signal.

(Years ago I filed an enhancement to abort the process, instead of getting in an infinite loop.)

As to why the first signal occurs, you'll need to ask SAP to debug it.

Do you have a core file?  Can you get a stack trace?

abdrebbi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dennis,

Thank yu for you reply.

The isuue has been fixed.

Some libraries can not be running due to some PATH has been missed during the restore. The Libraries PATHs has been added in the user profile and it's working file.

For the core file as you mentionned, yes a core file has been created after each failed start-up.

Best Regards.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>yes a core file has been created after each failed start-up.

I guess you don't need them if you have solved it by fixing LD_LIBRARY_PATH/SHLIB_PATH.