1753325 Members
5746 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Threads

Fausto_4

Threads

Hi!
I have a problem with a HP-UX 11.11 on a 9000/800 processor.
I've simply tried to make a connection to an Oracle DB (9i), using OCI functions.
If I make the connection on a single thread application, it's all right. But
if I start a thread and I try to make a connection on that thread, I get an
error - Bus error (core dumped).
I think it's an OS problem, because on another 9000/800 HP, with the same
OS, the program is right. The two machines are different on their hardware,
so the patches are not the same. But there are a lot of patches, and I don't
know what I should put on my server.
Does anyone know something about this?

Thanks!

F.
2 REPLIES 2
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

what did you get for,

what core
file core

there.

It may be compilation problem there. what flags you used to compile?

HTH.
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
Fausto_4

I got a file core: I use gcc to compile, but unlikely I have not gdb installed (this is a customer server). The error message is simply: 'Bus error (core dumped)'.
I use a makefile to compile, however the final compile command is:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DFMW_UNIX -DHPUX_PATCH -D_THREAD_SAFE -DRWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -DRW_MULTI_THREAD -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wbad-function-cast -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -O2 -I/usr/local/vam2_common/include -I/home/oracle/rdbms/demo -I/home/oracle/rdbms/public -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fexceptions -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -c -o main.o `test -f main.cpp || echo './'`main.cpp
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wbad-function-cast -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -O2 -I/usr/local/vam2_common/include -I/home/oracle/rdbms/demo -I/home/oracle/rdbms/public -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fexceptions -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -L. -L/usr/local/vam2_common/lib -L/home/oracle/lib32 -L/home/oracle/rdbms/lib32 -o provahp main.o -lpthread -lcrypto -lrt -lclntsh -ldbinterface -lcommon

-DFMW_UNIX and -DHPUX_PATCH are my directives. common and dbinterface are my libraries. This is a simple main that simply try to get a connection with the DB Oracle.
Any idea?
Thanks!
F.