Operating System - HP-UX
1753261 Members
5051 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unsatisfied symbol problem while linking and running.

shashank k
Occasional Contributor

Unsatisfied symbol problem while linking and running.

When trying to port my applications code from one server to another which are both HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64, I am facing issue of Unsatisfied symbol at the link time.

I compiled and linked successfully on my source machine, which has aCC compiler version as aCC: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.24 [Dec 04, 2009].
The compiler version on destination machine is aCC: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.20 [May 13 2008].

Can this be a cause of problem ? As the library in the source machine's compiler are supporting the application code to link while the destination machine's compiler is having unsupported library.

My application uses BEA Tuxedo libraries and xercesc libraries also to compile and link, and these are same on both the machines.

Since the executable is getting generated on the destination machine, while trying to run I am getting another error which is reported by dld.so i.e. dynamic loader on the system.

The versions of dld.so are also different on the 2 systems.
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Unsatisfied symbol problem while linking and running.

>which has aCC compiler version as aCC: A.06.24
>destination machine is aCC: A.06.20

The latest version is A.06.25.02.

>Can this be a cause of problem?
>while the destination machine's compiler is having unsupported library.

Possibly but not likely.
It would be good to supply the exact error message.

>while trying to run I am getting another error which is reported by dld.so

And what's that error too?

>The versions of dld.so are also different on the 2 systems.

You could patch them to the same version.
shashank k
Occasional Contributor

Problem resolved. It was due to different library of Corba installed in the system.

weili

I'm facing a similar problem. I use HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.20 to compile and build. No error happen in compile time and link time. But in run time, the class public static const char[] data member can't be read. weird thing is when I use debug mood, or -O0 release mood the data member varible value comes back. How to explain this?thanks!