108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XPADE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

XPADE

Hello I have some libraries which was compiled in a PA-RISC server, and now I want to make a new developmente with this libraries in a PA-RISC aplication, but in a Itanium machine, how can I make to run the compiler using the XPADE, I have it installed in the machines and I know that it work perfectly.

At the beggining the XPADE was as default mode, but i removed it, and now i don't how to make it the default compiling mode again.

Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Why would it be the "default" mode? If you want to run XPADE, you should use the absolute path to all of the tools and then export the correct environment variables.

Look at the documentation under:
http://www.hp.com/go/xpade
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

I follow the instruccions i have find in the link

Copy your HP 9000 application source files to the target Integrity system where HP XPADE
is installed.
2. Change the$PATH variable to pick up compiler from HP XPADE directory.
3. Update makefile to pick up libraries and headers from HP XPADE directory.
4. Change makefile to use shared libraries instead of archive libraries if any archive library is
used in your product build scripts. This is because, the PA archive libraries are not part of
HP XPADE package as these are not officially supported.

But now I have find the following error:

cc -gc -O -Wp,-H256000 -DRELEASE -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_CLASSIC_TYPES -DX11R6 -I/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/include -I/hpivi/tape/usr/include/X11R2 -I/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/includeX11R6 -I. -I../../inc Zt_Error.c
cc: Couldn't open the message catalog: "/opt/ansic/lib/nls/msg/C/cc.cat".
/opt/langtools/lbin/cpp.ansi: illegal option -- d

Should I remove some compilation flags.

Thanks!
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>I follow the instructions i have find in the link

Did you do these:
3.4 Installing and Setting up HP XPADE Depot
Set environmental variables to refer to XPADE environment:
On HP-UX 11i V3 system:
On HP-UX 11i V2 system:
export SDKROOT=/opt/XPADE/v2
export TARGETROOT=/opt/XPADE/v2

Where is the XPADE installed in the system?

Suppose it was installed in /opt/XPADE/v3. One could use the XPADE using:

export SDKROOT=/opt/XPADE/v3
export TARGETROOT=/opt/XPADE/v3
export PATH=/opt/XPADE/v3/opt/ansic/bin:$PATH

You could remove either -O or -g to get around this problem. Bascially -d is passed to cpp.ansi by the driver for enabling debugging optimized code.

But the actual problem is different one.
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

The version which is instaled in my server is the v3.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, because i thougth I have this environment variables set, but they aren't!

I declare it but the system doesn't mantain it.

I do the export comand in the shell. that's the correct way? Or I have to declare it in a file?

Thanks!

Could you get the output for the following command:

echo $SDKROOT::$TARGETROOT::$PATH; cc -c -v inp1.c
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I declare it but the system doesn't maintain it. I do the export command in the shell. What's the correct way?

If you export it, it will stay until you log off.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

>I declare it but the system doesn't maintain it. I do the export command in the shell. What's the correct way?

If you 'su -' the old environmental variables are discarded and a new environment is created. If you do a simple 'su' without the hyphen ('-') then most variables are preserved, _EXCEPT_ 'HOME', 'ENV', 'IFS', 'SHLIB_PATH' or 'LD_*' unless 'SU_KEEP_ENV_VARS' is set in '/etc/default/security' (see the security(4) manpages).

Regards!

...JRF...

Regards!

...JRF...
Eder Urruela
Frequent Advisor

Finally! I'm compiling in XPADE mode, I don't know why but modifying the environment variables in the .profile it works.

I know I'm compiling in XPADE mode becase the compiler admit old modifiers as -Ac. But now I have two doubts about problem would probably appear as I advance in my work.

I have the following call to the compiler and to the linker, for example

cc -c -O -Wp,-H256000 -DRELEASE -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_CLASSIC_TYPES -DX11R
6 -I/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/include -I/opt/XPADE/v3/master/hpivi/tape/usr/include/X11R
2 -I/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/include/X11R6 -Ac -I. -I../../inc Zt_Error.c
ar ruv ../../lib/libZt.a Zt_Error.o
ar: creating ../../lib/libZt.a
a - Zt_Error.o

And I have the following PATH

/opt/XPADE/v3/opt/ansic/bin:/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/XPADE/v3/usr/ccs/lbin
:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/contrib/Q4/bin:/opt/perl/bin:/opt/g
vsd/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/wbem/bin:/opt/wbem/sbin:/opt/sas/bi
n:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/atok/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/
sec_mgmt/bastille/bin:/opt/caliper/bin:/opt/drd/bin:/opt/dsau/bin:/opt/dsau/sbin
:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/firefox:/opt/gnome/bin:/usr/contrib/kwdb/bin:/opt/mozilla:
/opt/perl_32/bin:/opt/perl_64/bin:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/sfm/bin:/opt/swm/bin:/opt/se
c_mgmt/spc/bin:/opt/sentinel/bin:/opt/swa/bin:/opt/hpsmh/bin:/opt/thunderbird:/o
pt/langtools/bin:/opt/rdma/bin:/opt/mpi/bin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/aC
C/bin:/opt/cadvise/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/java1.4/jre/bin:/opt/spb/bin:/opt/hpvm
/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/obras/master/sh:.:/ORACLE/app/product/9.2.0/bin:/obras/master
/EC/INTERNO/sh

The first three folder are where are the XPADE cc compiler, the /opt/XPADE/v3/opt/ansic/bin, the ar linker is in the path /opt/XPADE/v3/usr/ccs/bin and libaries are in /opt/XPADE/v3/usr/ccs/lbin.

So i have the following doubts, I'm doing it right, and I will not find ELF file errors because im not using the linker well.

And the second, when I have finally the program, how can i execute it, I should execute it under XPADE or as if it where a normal program?

Thanks!