New Discussion юеВ

Re: ansi/c and mirror-ux implementation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Danny Pogi
Advisor

ansi/c and mirror-ux implementation

hi guys,

i have an old n-class server with 8cpu, 8gb of ram and 2 x 9.1 gb internal disk drives. i've just finished installing the OS (hp-ux 11). i still have two apps to install (ansi/c and mirror-ux). will somebody give me a step by step procedure on how to do the installation of ansi/c and mirror-ux. thanks.

regards to all,
dp
10 REPLIES 10

hi dp,

both of them are commercial products that you need to buy so you can obtain the code-word that will unlock them.

Other than that, the installation is straight-forward. Just mount the cd-rom and run swinstall -s /the/path/to/the/depots

Under actions menu, you will find the Add new keyword option. Select it, provide the keyword, and the products will then be available for installation.

Select them and from actions menu select the option Install...

That's it..

Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

You use the 'swinstall' program to install them. Both of these pieces of softare require a reboot and can be done together providing that they are on the same CD and you have the codewords to unlock them.

mount your CD
e.g.
# mount /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /cdrom
# swinstall

Select the local directory and CD mount point
This will display the products on the CD's.
Choose 'add codeword' from the actions menu to unlock the software. Once the unlocked software is displayed it can be marked and installed. Just follow the prompts.

HTH
Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Radhakrishnan Venkatara
Trusted Contributor

these are commerical products u required the codeword for them.
if u have already have codeword and its configured on
any other system of the /var/adm/sw/.codewords file to this and mount the applications cd and run swinstall u mirror/ux and ansic will be available for installation.

rgds

radhakrishnan
Negative thinking is a highest form of Intelligence
Danny Pogi
Advisor

thanks guys, follow-up question before i rate the responses. i have now successfully installed the two products, what is the procedure in mirroring my root vg in my two internal disk drives?
KCS_1
Respected Contributor

Hi,

This document explain well how to make bootable mirror disk .

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&admit=-1335382922+1049108001995+28353475&docId=200000066581345

Take some time to read this above thread.

good luck!

Easy going at all.
Radhakrishnan Venkatara
Trusted Contributor
Solution

hi,

please find the pdf which explains the root mirroring.

radhakrishnan
Negative thinking is a highest form of Intelligence
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

This is the procedure I use and assuming I am adding disk /dev/dsk/c2t6d0

# pvcreate -Bf /dev/rdsk/c2t6d0
# vgextend /dev/vg00 /dev/dsk/c2t6d0
# mkboot /dev/rdsk/c2t6d0
# mkboot -a "hpux -lq(0/0/2/1.6.0;0) /stand/vmunix" /dev/rdsk/c2t6d0 (make sure the hardware path is correct)
# lvlnboot -R
# for i in /dev/vg00/lv*
> do
> echo $LVOL
> lvextend -m 1 $LVOL
> done
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

subhashni
Regular Advisor

hello,
i happen to see this thread.very interesting.can some one please let me know more about mirror-ux terminology.what
are the tasks or commands that i can not do if there is no mirror-ux software installed.
is there any command list that mirror-ux utility uses when mirroring root vg.hope that mirror-ux utility not just used for root ,should be able to mirror data disks too,is that true.please advice. thanks much in advance.
unix4me