5808 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cant shl_load() a library...when looking at digital certificate

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

cant shl_load() a library...when looking at digital certificate

Hello,

I am running oracle 11i apps on a K460 running HPUX 11.0 (no - really!) and have rebuilt the digital certificate used by the apps. When I try to verify the certificate with javakey -l, I get:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage:
/u13/oracle11/dev7comn/util/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Exec format error
Error shl_load failed for:
/u13/oracle11/dev7comn/util/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl,
[errno 8: Exec format error]
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local Storage:
/u13/oracle11/dev7comn/util/jre/1.1.8/bin/../lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Exec format error
Could not load runtime library:

The system is well patched. I have seen a posting on the ITRC that suggested installing PHSS 23440. I dont have this patch, but have a later patch 24303. Does anyone know what I have to do to be able to get javakey -l to run?

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > General to HP-UX > languages - HP Forums Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Vijaya Kumar_3
Respected Contributor

I got the same error with this and it is purely, i hope a linking error.

Check the required libraries. You may need to check /lib/libjava.sl or /lib/libjvm.sl which may be linked to the system defaults.

Is it 11.11?

Vijay
Known is a drop, unknown is ocean - visit me at http://vijay.theunixplace.com
ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

run javakey with LD_PRELOAD=/libjava.sl. if you have the latest loader patches it may be better to use LD_PRELOAD_ONCE=/libjava.sl. the command at the prompt would look like

LD_PRELOAD=/u13/oracle11/dev7comn/util/jre/1.1.8/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl javakey -l

or

LD_PRELOAD_ONCE=/u13/oracle11/dev7comn/util/jre/1.1.8/lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libjava.sl javakey -l

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

you need the linker/loader patch PHSS_28869(11.00) or PHSS_28871(11.11) for LD_PRELOAD/LD_PRELOAD_ONCE to work.

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

I applied the PHSS_28869 patch and tried the LD_PRELOAD_ONCE... command. I get the same error as before.
ranganath ramachandra
Esteemed Contributor

well there is some program there that is trying to shl_load some library which depends on libjava.sl ...

if its not javakey, it is some other program.
so javakey is either invoking another application or contacts another process, which does this. if javakey were invoking the "culprit", you can work around it with LD_PRELOAD (LD_PRELOAD_ONCE wont work then).

if that does not work, can you run javakey through tusc and post the output ? without LD_PRELOAD now:
"tusc -f -o tusc.out javakey -l"

--
ranga
[i work for hpe]

Accept or Kudo