108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: chatr error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jakes Louw
Trusted Contributor

chatr error

I know very little about chatr, and we're getting this error reported from a customer:

> chatr -s enabled Tmloadcf
chatr(error): cannot open file enabled
chatr(error): dl_header_ext.size != sizeof(dl_header_ext). Please update your version of the chatr tool.

Now, I understood that the "-s" option is to run silently, and "enable" just enables use of the SHLIB_PATH variable.

I assume the error is because the SHLIB_PATH is not the same for the destination server versus the execution server?

Any way of getting the problem debugged? (using ldd for instance, which I know less about?).
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
3 REPLIES 3
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Hi,

-s is to perform the peration silently.
to enable SHLIB_PATH : +s enable

your command should be :
chatr -s +s enable Tmloadcf

Regards,
Jean-Luc

fiat lux
Jakes Louw
Trusted Contributor

JL,

That didn't work.

However, we moved the executable around onto other 11i servers, and there a chatr works with the original options.
I then checked the date of /usr/cc/bin/chatr, and the one that is faulty is way older.

What installs chatr? C++, or ANSI C? I've checked both, and the versions compare with the other servers.
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

the error is in fact a warning. Probably need to update "ld"
"chatr(error): dl_header_ext.size != sizeof(dl_header_ext). Please update your version of the linker/chatr.

This message should be regarded as a warning rather than an error. The operation of chatr will be successful despite the warning. "

http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-2255/5187-2255_top.html&con=/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-2255/00/01/137-con.html&toc=/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-2255/00/01/137-toc.html&searchterms=chatr%28error%29&queryid=20040519-043726

Regards,
Jean-Luc
fiat lux