Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clone script

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

clone script

Need to write a script to do the clone using Timefinder.

symclone -g clonegrp activate DEV001 sym 1d DEV002

DEV001 and DEV002 are device groups, for example, DEV001 includes (a, b, c, d, e, f...), DEV002 includes (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...)
I want to clone from a to 1, b to 2, c to 3, ...

Any script example? Thanks.
2 REPLIES
Don Spare
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: clone script

Victor,
It seems EMC is not very helpful with implementing that part of their technology. I had a similar problem when we started using BCVs and again when we switched to Clariion and Snapview Clones (SVC). Since you specified Timefinder I an sending scripts that I used. Please feel free to modifiy them for your environment. If you have a Clariion instead of a Symmetrix, let me know and I'll send the Snapview scripts.
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

Re: clone script

Thanks, Don. It is not exactly what I am looking for, but very helpful. Have a great day.

Sean