Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Languages and Scripting
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error #2005-D: could not open source file "iostream/strstream.h"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Goutham YJ
Advisor

error #2005-D: could not open source file "iostream/strstream.h"

Hi,

We are migrating a C/C++ application from HPUX11.11 to Itanium V23. I am compiling as a 32 bit application.

When I am compiling a particular file, I get the following error.

/opt/aCC/bin/aCC -I/opt/tuxdir/tuxedo8.1/include -I/opt/siadev/mxshai3/SIA/1_1_code/common/include -I/opt/siadev/slayer/include -I/opt/siadev/slayer/include -g0 +z +DD32 -c SiaCommonInterface.cpp
"/opt/siadev/mxshai3/SIA/1_1_code/common/include/BSCTypeDefs.h", line 22: error #2005-D:
could not open source file "iostream/strstream.h"
#include

But if I add -I/opt/aCC/include in the Makefile, then I get a Catastrophic error and I found we should not include aCC/include for Itanium series.

How to include iostream/strstream.h if I cannot refer to aCC/include path?

Please help.

Thanks,
Goutham
4 REPLIES
Goutham YJ
Advisor

Re: error #2005-D: could not open source file "iostream/strstream.h"

Hi,

I seem to have overcome this problem by adding -AP option. I saw this in another thread here and it worked.

But is this the correct solution?

Thanks,
Goutham
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>error #2005-D: could not open source file "iostream/strstream.h"

It is illegal to include "iostream/" as part of the include file path. Your includes should have just been .

>if I add -I/opt/aCC/include in the Makefile, then I get a Catastrophic error and I found we should not include aCC/include

Right.

>How to include iostream/strstream.h if I cannot refer to aCC/include path?
>seem to have overcome this problem by adding -AP option. But is this the correct solution?

Not really. It is not recommended you use -AP. You shouldn't use strstream.h with -AA. You should instead port to the deprecated Standard , or better yet, .
Goutham YJ
Advisor

Thanks a lot Dennis. It worked :)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>It worked :)

You might mention which of my N suggestions worked, for everyone else.