5136 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: error help ....

Pando
Regular Advisor

error help ....

Dear Gurus,

am running a script but got errors during execution. i have no idea of the error number.
below is the error code i got.

test/catv/scripts/catv_withdiff[71]: 1208MT1: The specified number is not valid for this command.
/test/catv/scripts/catv_withdiff[71]: 1208MT2: The specified number is not valid for this command.
/test/catv/scripts/catv_withdiff[71]: 1208MT: The specified number is not valid for this command.
/test/catv/scripts/catv_withdiff[71]: 1208MT: The specified number is not valid for this command.
/test/catv/scripts/catv_withdiff[71]: TC25: The specified number is not valid for this command.

attached is the script i made.
maximum points to all correct answers.
6 REPLIES 6
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor

if the script runs before, it must be a format problem in tdf files..
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
Pando
Regular Advisor

yes the script runs before. what does the 1208MT refers to? what about TC25? where can i find explainations about these error codes?
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor

it seemed to me, they are data fields in those files not error codes.

try searching the message in itrc: The specified number is not valid for this command.

the number "0" in these fields is the problem i think.

Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Fernando,
the problem is line 71:
if \("$dlot" -eq "$edlotid" \) -a \( "$eddevice" = "$ddev"\)

Print out the values of the valriables just before the if statement
dlot,edlotid,eddevice,ddev
Either there is going to be an empty value or a alpha value where a numeric is expected (dlot or edtlotid)
rariasn
Honored Contributor

sh -x test/catv/scripts/catv_withdiff

rgs,

ran
Sandman!
Honored Contributor

Those are not error codes but the values of the variables inside the if-then statement on line 71 of your script i.e.

> if [ \( "$dlot" -eq "$edlotid" \) -a \( "$eddevice" = "$ddev" \) ] <

echo the values before using them within the test part of the if statement in order to see if they are numeric since the first condition "$dlot" -eq "$edlotid" tests for integers. It's likely that dlot and/or edlotid are being set to [1208MT; 1208MT1; 1208MT2; TC25].

cheers!