1748204 Members
3453 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

gcc and linking PA-RISC 1.1 executables

Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

gcc and linking PA-RISC 1.1 executables

I need to compile OpenSSH with SecurID support for PA-RISC 1.1 architecture since we still have a few older systems in operation. I've managed to compile the various libraries as 1.1 binaries using the -march=1.1 option, but, when the final linking of the executables occurs, they are created as 2.0 binaries. I'm using gcc 4.1.1 from the Porting and Archive Centre. I'm guessing it's grabbing some libraries in /usr/lib/pa20_64 instead of the corresponding version in /usr/lib since I found libxnet.1, libsec.a, and libnsl.a in both places. This is the link command being used:

spare2:/home/jtraigle/openssh-4.2p1 # gmake ssh
(cd openbsd-compat && gmake)
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/jtraigle/openssh-4.2p1/openbsd-compat'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jtraigle/openssh-4.2p1/openbsd-compat'
gcc -o ssh ssh.o readconf.o clientloop.o sshtty.o sshconnect.o sshconnect1.o sshconnect2.o -L. -Lopenbsd-compat/ -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssh -lopenbsd-compat -lcrypto -lz -lnsl -lxnet -lsec /home/jtraigle/ACEAgentSDK/lib/hp11/libaceclnt.a -lpthread

Probably something simple, but I'm not managing to put my finger on the solution. Anyone who compiles programs in their sleep want to nudge me in the right direction?
--
Jeff Traigle
1 REPLY 1
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

Re: gcc and linking PA-RISC 1.1 executables

Brain kicked in at lunch. Since the current gcc on the porting site is a 2.0 build with no 1.1 libraries, it can't build 1.1 binaries, just libraries. I installed an older version of gcc we still had in a depot that was a 1.1 build and it successfully built the 1.1 binaries for OpenSSH. Fun.
--
Jeff Traigle