New Discussion юеВ

Re: gcc from HP Software Center ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kalin Evtimov
Regular Advisor

gcc from HP Software Center ?

Hi again!

I'm still getting trouble with the IA64 I am using. I need to build all my applications in 64bit mode. First I installed the gcc-3.4.3 depot from HP. Then compiled all I need with a -mlp64 flag. And then I still get errors from type:

/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'rrd_clear_error' in load module '/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/IA64.ARCHREV_0-LP64/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so'.

My question is about gcc. This HP Version, is it 32bit, or 64bit, or can both and I shouldn't worry about it?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Steve Ellcey
Valued Contributor

The IA64 GCC can generate 32 and 64 bit code. 32 bits is the default but you have given the correct flag to get 64 bit code from IA64 GCC.

A quick google on rrd_clear_error shows there is a librrd so perhaps you just need to add -lrrd to your link command.
Kalin Evtimov
Regular Advisor

This would be very nice, but I get

ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lrrd

when I add it. I am not mixing 32 and 64 bit mode for sure.
Tom Schroll
Frequent Advisor
Solution

FYI...librrd is included in the rrdtool package (ie: RPM for Linux). It appears that you would need to install this package for HP-UX as well. However, I can't find a software package (depot) for HP-UX on the Porting and Archiving site, so you will probably have to build your own. I wish I had better news...

(it seems like you are doing everything else OK with gcc)

Good luck.
If it ain't broke, it needs optimized.
Kalin Evtimov
Regular Advisor

Can you help me installing the librrd? I don't know much about compiling, linking etc. in C. What are usually the steps for installing a library?
Thank you.