108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iconv support for Asian codesets

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephen Burdeau
Occasional Contributor

iconv support for Asian codesets

For HP-UX 11, what do I need to install to get the iconv tables for Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese?

By searching the knowledge base, it looks like the Filesets International.JAPANESE, International.KOREAN, and International.CHINESE may have what I need. How do I get these? Is this something I need to order from HP?
4 REPLIES 4
Kenneth Platz
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Stephen,

You do need to install and order the ASE (Asian Support Environment) from HP in order to obtain the iconv tables for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean locales. You can order this as either B1515AA (for s700) or B1520AA (for s800). This should ship as a Core OS CD with only the Asian environments on it -- it is designed to be installed on top of an existing OS. You will want to install the following bundles:

HPUXJpn32RT or HPUXJpn64RT (Japanese)
HPUXKor32RT or HPUXKor64RT (Korean)
HPUXTCh32RT or HPUXTCh64RT (Traditional Chinese)

The attached document should provide additional information for you.

I hope this helps.

I think, therefore I am... I think!
Kenneth Platz
Esteemed Contributor

Stephen,

You do need to install and order the ASE (Asian Support Environment) from HP in order to obtain the iconv tables for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean locales. You can order this as either B1515AA (for s700) or B1520AA (for s800). This should ship as a Core OS CD with only the Asian environments on it -- it is designed to be installed on top of an existing OS. You will want to install the following bundles:

HPUXJpn32RT or HPUXJpn64RT (Japanese)
HPUXKor32RT or HPUXKor64RT (Korean)
HPUXTCh32RT or HPUXTCh64RT (Traditional Chinese)

The attached document should provide additional information for you.

I hope this helps.

Stephen Burdeau
Occasional Contributor

Ken,

Thanks for the information!

I tried to access the attachment by clicking on the paper clip icon. A new browser window opened with only the following line:

HP Knowledge Mine Junior Document Display

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.
Kenneth Platz
Esteemed Contributor