Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Languages and Scripting
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing Net::SNMP module in perl

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

installing Net::SNMP module in perl

I have installed the 5.8.2 release from depot. I want to use snmp, so to my understanding, I have to install the Net::SNMP module retrieved from CPAN. However when installing it, a message tells me it is dependant on Crypt::DES. When I try to install that, I get a failure because the include file machine/types.h does not exist.
Is there an HP specific port for this, or is there a workaround? (or do I have some problem I'm not seeing entirely?)

I am on HP-UX 11i (PA-RISC)

Thanks;
if only we knew...
1 REPLY
Ermin Borovac
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: installing Net::SNMP module in perl

You probably have old version of Crypt::DES module (1.0?). Please download latest version from

http://search.cpan.org/~dparis/Crypt-DES-2.03/