108761 Solutions
New Discussion

require HP-UX script to call Windows executable

SOLVED
Go to solution
Debbie Beresford
Frequent Advisor

require HP-UX script to call Windows executable

We have a third party application currently running on 2 RP8420 boxes with an HP-UX O/S.  Our applications team now wants this third party application to run on a Windows box so it can be accessed by both Windows and HP-UX.  We have approximately 800 scripts using this utility.  As it is currently installed on the HP box, the directory that holds the executable is in our path so it is called by the utility name.  So we will not have to change these 800 scripts, I have been asked to create a script that will transfer a file from our RP8420 server running hp-ux 11.23, to a windows box.  It is then to run an executable and transfer the file back to the HP box once finished.  I am not a programmer or windows person so any help would be appreciated. 

I am having a hard time coming up with something that can be done without altering existing scripts.  Even if I name the script on the HP side the same as the utility, I am not sure how I would execute it from windows and then continue processing of the first script without adding variables.

2 REPLIES 2
SriniJay
Regular Visitor
Solution

Re: require HP-UX script to call Windows executable

If you have secure shell or telnet enabled on the Windows PC, you can connect to the PC and execute batch scripts or even executables. Sorry, can't help with coding part on the forum!

RJHall
Frequent Advisor

Re: require HP-UX script to call Windows executable

Perhaps another option is to create a CIFS (Samba) share, mount it on a Windows server, and have some type of Windows batch job process specific files it finds there.