1753513 Members
5541 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Setup MSM765 - For a noob.

robertparten
Occasional Advisor

Setup MSM765 - For a noob.

I have a MSM765 that i have to configure and I am from the Cisco world so I am having a hard time adjusting to this. Here is what i have setup thus far:

VLAN 50 and 55 (10.1.50.0/24 and 10.1.55.0/24)

I have setup two VSC's on the controller and assigned to those VSC's to the 'group' of one AP.

I setup two new 'network profiles' (one for vlan 50 and another for vlan 55) - I then went and added those VLANS and set them to the 'LAN port'.

In the VSC bindings I have each VSC bound to an egress network (VLAN).

Am I doing ok thus far?

Also, one of the networks (The 'guest' network) is 'access controlled' so I have the DHCP server option that I setup. I give it the GW, DNS and then the scope and get an error message saying that more than one interface is bound to that subnet. Could this be that I assigned an IP to the VLAN when I was setting up the VLAN?

Also, on the "production" VSC I don't have it 'access controlled' so I have no DHCP option available to me. I guess my DHCP for this has to come from another source?

2 REPLIES 2
MSMenthousiast
Frequent Advisor

hi

can you please explain what you want to do? do you have a diagram? start with that and i will try to help you out  with th rest.

jforren

Any luck with this?  I am in the same boat.....