LoadRunner Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Loadrunner and Java Swing Application

Advisor

Loadrunner and Java Swing Application

[ Edited ]

Can LR automate Java Swing applications? We will be automating a Java Swing app and then performing loadtesting via Citrix.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Esteemed Contributor [Founder]

Re: Loadrunner and Java Swing Application

Yes, I have some colleagues that are using LoadRunner to do performance testing on Swing apps.
Advisor

Do you know what version they are using and whether they have any patches or other modifications they may have installed?
Hopefully this will work. I have yet to find a good tool that automates Swing and allows for citrix loadtesting.
Honored Contributor [Founder]

Why are you going to test it via ui?
E.g. if it's a multitier application, can't it be automated at the level of communication protocol between client and app.server or app.server and DB?
Advisor

I have not thought of that.
How do you go about testing that portion?

We do need to be able to provide Scalabitlity results on the Citrix layer. I think that will require the full testing of the UI.
Advisor

James,
Is there any chance I could talk to your colleague about LR & Java Swing automation & performance testing?
Established Member

How are generate load on Java Swing application by using load runner. If any documentation would help in this case.