LoadRunner and Performance Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Eyal Nadler asks: "LoadRunner C-based scripts – an end of an era?"

zy

The advantage of C is not only its efficiency, but also its global/stable standard. Considering .net/java, both of them are business products, MS/Oracle are keeping updating the frameworks very frequently, together with a buntch  of libraries, virtual concepts, wrappers, etc.... 

0 Kudos
About the Author

zy

Comments
zy

The advantage of C is not only its efficiency, but also its global/stable standard. Considering .net/java, both of them are business products, MS/Oracle are keeping updating the frameworks very frequently, together with a buntch  of libraries, virtual concepts, wrappers, etc.... 

Speedmaster

Great post. As an aside, considering that the C code is translated and run on an interpreter, I'm amazed at how rarely I see errors from that part of the system.

kiranbadi1991

Great Post  and some of my thought below.

I think C language used by LR needs to enhanced.I would say choose any language helps to replicate browser behaviour more accurately.Some might require that LR inherit some browser behind the scene functionality and some might require language enhancement by providing more functions.

Please see this post's question, its quite a challenge to work with this for large platform tests with existing LR setup.Problem statement looks extremely simple but problem area is mostly unknown  and solution is bit lengthy and broken.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/ASP.NET/Q_22422227.html

ASliwx

Eyal,

Great article. I really like :

- LoadRunner.Vuser.Script is a description of a business logic process. 
 - It is an output of a business process recording.
 - It is built from steps that together assemble the business logic.

Being a hard-core Loadrunner user since 2000 and working for Merc back in the day.

I believe the Loadrunner and QTP and BProcessing testing have created unified language (BP-UML) if you'd like way allows users to communicate their requirements and also the automation engineer to validate that requirements are being implemented within the script.

Where Loadrunner braches off into more then 1 user testing is its capability of Created Scenarios/Workloads that mimic real world operational environments.

With above - loadrunner vuser script is a very powerful and flexible 1 user for 1..N iterations.

cheers/drew

Vardges

Hello. 

I wrote some code in C, which is for moving a file from one to another folder.

I included the .h file in loadrunner include folder, and also included in loadrunner script like this-

#include 'MoveFile.h'

Action() {

//here is done some action

}

Also I want to show the code in MoveFile.h 

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>

void main(int arg,char *arr[])
{
FILE *fs,*ft;
char ch;
clrscr();
if(arg!=3)
{
printf("Argument Missing ! Press key to exit.");
getch();
exit(0);
}

fs = fopen(arr[1],"r");
if(fs==NULL)
{
printf("Cannot open source file ! Press key to exit.");
getch();
exit(0);
}

ft = fopen(arr[2],"w");
if(ft==NULL)
{
printf("Cannot copy file ! Press key to exit.");
fclose(fs);
getch();
exit(0);
}

while(1)
{
ch = getc(fs);
if(ch==EOF)
{
break;
}
else
putc(ch,ft);
}

printf("File copied succesfully!");
fclose(fs);
fclose(ft);
}

I am sorry for this long quetsion and post, but i have got a problem with compiling, cause loadrunner couldn't find the libraries. 

Finally, my question is, how to check out where and how can i add libs needed?

What compiler does loadrunner use ?

Is there any compiler, that i had to install before installing loadrunner ?

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more