4725 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2 x MSM 466 in Autonomous Mode, Local Mesh with multiple VLANs

joke3071
Regular Visitor

2 x MSM 466 in Autonomous Mode, Local Mesh with multiple VLANs

Hi all,

I'am confusing on how to configuring the carrying multiple VLANs over a Meshed Link between two MSM 466 in autonomous mode. For one VLAN, Meshed Link work fine!

Is it possible at all?

4 REPLIES 4
JesseR
Regular Advisor

Re: 2 x MSM 466 in Autonomous Mode, Local Mesh with multiple VLANs

Not sure about Autonomous mode, but I have (2) MSM 460s operating in a mesh with (2) VSCs (each on a separate VLAN) running across it. I had problems getting it working on codes 5.7.0.3 and earlier. However with 5.7.1.0, the problem was fixed.

There was a decent HP tech document/guide (actually from Colubris) someone on the site that I used to follow setting up the mesh. The HP documentation/help files were awful.

EDIT -- maybe this will help? (I can't remember if that was the document I followed or not...)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02634942/c02634942.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Need help with MSM deployments?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/MSM-Deployment-Scenario-How-To-Guide/td-p/5717081

Jesse R
Source One Technology, Inc.
HP Partner

MSM 5.7.x deployment guide:

DougB-CCCP
Frequent Advisor

The old school way involved adding the VLAN to each of the AP's on each side of the link, however adding it twice - one had to be assigned to the physical wired port, the other to the mesh port.  In other words just adding the VLAN to the wired link or the mesh link would cause a break in the communication because the other interface wouldn't know what to do with the traffic.

----------------
HP ASE (Mobility), Infrastructure Engineer
joke3071
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your post. Both MSM 466 are running software 5.7.1.1! I can define the VLANs in system, i can map the VLANs to "Local Mesh Profile" where the Port1 (Physical Interface of the AP 466) belongs to. The Result is the same:  the Mesh Link can't carrying traffic of multiple VLANs . Only of one VLAN.

Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

I can confirm, that it will work when adding each VLAN twice - one for the Port 1 and one for the mesh profile. VLAN assignment according to the attached screenshot.

used Software: 5.7.3.0

Cheers,

Michael

Ingentive Networks GmbH