1753964 Members
7301 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3CRWDR101A-75 + 3CRWER100-75 WDS problem

b0xBR

3CRWDR101A-75 + 3CRWER100-75 WDS problem

Hey guys,

I bought recently the "101A-75" 54mbps Wireless router. I updated to the latest firmware, etc, everything regarding ISP Connection synched correctly. After checked all, I started configuring the LAN configs. I activated the WDS option to combine my 2 wireless LANs. The router found and "connected" without problems my AP (WER100-75) which also has the its latest firmware updated. My AP's WDS config is correctly configured (as AP mode as WDS-STA "slave").

Now, my wireless network is not able to set local ips to machines (DHCP is configured properly in both) and even if I set manually, the internet access does not work.

Before I buy this Wireless router I had the 3CRWDR200A-75 (with latest firm. update) which worked fine with this WDS configuration.

My opinion is the poor range of this new router (I could "decrease" the link speed to increase the range BUT, this router doesn't have the transmission rate option). Also, this router does not have any option regarding ROOT-AP or STA (I think the router behaves ALWAYS as ROOT-AP).

That's it folks!

Thanks in advance.

Felipe

3 REPLIES 3
dduster

Hi...

This is funny. I have the very same setup (3CRWDR101A-75, 3CRWER100-75) -- and the very same problem.

Although the two connect (at lease so it shows in the WDS page) - I cannt identify any traffic exchange between the two (this is when everything is in the clear - no encryption, no protection, I have ent disabled the firewall function on both).

Anyone?

thanks,

dd.

This message was edited by dduster on 5-6-10 @ 4:21 AM
Techno
Regular Advisor

3Com will only support WDS between very similar products.

I suggest you get yourslef 2 Aceess Points and connect the 1st one to the router and the other one the the Root AP via WDS

Both routers are 3Com but they don't both hold the same hardware inside them, so the wireless chips will have issues.

The Tech Man Has Spoken....
The Tech Man Has Spoken....
h23p7

WDS does not work.

I have two identical routers, 3com 3crwer101u-75, which I'm trying to set up as WDS.

I do not get access to internet when the repeater is on. I get access to the network but not to internet.

If I turn off the repeater everything runs fine.

One router is cable connected to an internet cable modem. Lets call it "base".

This base router has DHCP, UPnP and WDS activated, as well as Firewall and extended range.

Under WDS, Wireless MAC of the repeater is marked. I got it with the scan function when several other MACs were shown but just the repeater's is marked.

The other router, lets call it repeater, has almost the same configuration, but DHCP and Firewall are deactivated.
Under WDS, only Wireless MAC of  the base is marked.

SSID and security passphrase are the same on both. 

IP of the base is 192.168.1.1 while repeater's IP is 192.168.1.7.

Range of IPs on both is 192.168.1.50 to 200.

Any suggestion on where is the error?