Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3CRWE554G72T DMZ Host

Highlighted
AndersJansson
Occasional Visitor

3CRWE554G72T DMZ Host

Since a couple of years I am using a 3com Office Connect Wireless 3CRWE554G72T as router in my home network. I am happy with it and I have had no major troubles.

Now I am trying to install a Internet Telephony Device (Telgin Vood 342) as a part of my home network. In order not to slow down the Internet traffic to and from my computers, I was recommended to install the telephone device after the router and - in order to let through the necessary traffic to make the telephone service work properly - open up some given ports in the router.

As I understand, the way of doing that is to configure the router so that the telephone device will work as a Virtual DMZ host. I have tried to follow the instructions in the users guide (page 73-76). However, when I get to the point where I have entered the port numbers required for the service and I click "Add", I recieve the following message:

Warning - An error exists - You must solve this error before proceeding: Custom Service Ports Invalid - Inappropriate character: ' ' - Valid characters are 0-9, comma (,) and hyphen (-)

As far as I can see, I have entered the port numbers correctly and have not used any character of any other sort than the above listed.

These are the ports I have been trying to open

53, 123, 1024-1036, 3478-3479, 5060-5061, 10000-10007

What can be wrong?

I was recommended to open the ports in both tcp och udp (even though I haven't reached as far in the process to figure out how - if possible - to do that)

As an alternative to a Virtual DMZ my Internet provider recommended me to configure a so called UPNP. Is that an alternative in the 3CRWE554G72T?

Hopefully someone can answer these questions.

Regards

Anders Jansson

Stockholm

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
AndersJansson
Occasional Visitor

Re: 3CRWE554G72T DMZ Host

Since a couple of years I am using a 3com Office Connect Wireless 3CRWE554G72T as router in my home network. I am happy with it and I have had no major troubles.

Now I am trying to install a Internet Telephony Device (Telgin Vood 342) as a part of my home network. In order not to slow down the Internet traffic to and from my computers, I was recommended to install the telephone device after the router and - in order to let through the necessary traffic to make the telephone service work properly - open up some given ports in the router.

As I understand, the way of doing that is to configure the router so that the telephone device will work as a Virtual DMZ host. I have tried to follow the instructions in the users guide (page 73-76). However, when I get to the point where I have entered the port numbers required for the service and I click "Add", I recieve the following message:

Warning - An error exists - You must solve this error before proceeding: Custom Service Ports Invalid - Inappropriate character: ' ' - Valid characters are 0-9, comma (,) and hyphen (-)

As far as I can see, I have entered the port numbers correctly and have not used any character of any other sort than the above listed.

These are the ports I have been trying to open

53, 123, 1024-1036, 3478-3479, 5060-5061, 10000-10007

What can be wrong?

I was recommended to open the ports in both tcp och udp (even though I haven't reached as far in the process to figure out how - if possible - to do that)

As an alternative to a Virtual DMZ my Internet provider recommended me to configure a so called UPNP. Is that an alternative in the 3CRWE554G72T?

Hopefully someone can answer these questions.

Regards

Anders Jansson

Stockholm